The Better Business Bureau (BBB) of Eastern Missouri & Southern Illinois is delighted to invited applications for the Student of Ethics Award Programs. The program recognizes high school students who personify high ethics demonstrated through leadership, community service, overall personal integrity and academic history.High school students may apply for the BBB’s Student of Ethics award, which recognizes exceptional ethics, leadership, service and academic achievement.BBB helps people find and recommend businesses, brands, and charities they can trust.The BBB organization will provide total $20,000 award amount in their four scholarships that may apply toward school-related expenses, including tuition, books, room and board or other related items.
Better Business Bureau (BBB) is a nonprofit, business-supported organization that sets and upholds high standards for fair and honest business behavior. Most BBB services to consumers are free of charge. BBB has provided objective advice, free BBB Business Profiles on more than 5.3 million companies, 11,000 charity reviews, dispute resolution services, alerts and educational information on topics affecting marketplace trust.
- The applicant must be a U.S. citizen and a legal resident of Illinois or Missouri.
- Must be qualified, high-school juniors in the following counties:
- Missouri counties: Bollinger, Butler, Cape Girardeau, Dunklin, Madison, Mississippi, New Madrid, Oregon, Pemiscot, Perry, Ripley, Scott, Stoddard, and Wayne.
- Illinois counties: Alexander, Franklin, Gallatin, Hamilton, Hardin, Jackson, Jefferson, Johnson, Massac, Perry, Pope, Pulaski, Saline, Union, Wayne, White, and Williamson.
How to Apply:
To be applying for the Student of Ethics Award Programs, there are two ways to apply either online or offline as the following given links:
- The St. Louis BBB Student of Ethics Award:
- Online- https://stlouisbbb.wufoo.com/forms/2017-st-louis-bbb-student-of-ethics-application/
- PDF- https://www.bbb.org/globalassets/local-bbbs/st-louis-mo-142/st_louis_mo_142/documentstolink/student-of-ethics-application-2017-st.-louis.pdf
- The Columbia BBB Student of Ethics Award
- PDF- https://www.bbb.org/globalassets/local-bbbs/st-louis-mo-142/st_louis_mo_142/documentstolink/student-of-ethics-application-2017-columbia.pdf
- The Cape Girardeau BBB Student of Ethics Award
- The Quincy BBB Student of Ethics Award
- Written essay:
- Write a 300-word essay on an ethical dilemma the student has faced and how they have resolved it.
- The essay must be typed, 12-point, single-spaced and black ink. All essays become the property of BBB. Winners’ names may be released to the public and news media for promotional purposes.
- Transcript: enclose a copy of most recent high school transcript
- Letter of reference: the letter of reference should be no longer than 100 words.
The applicant can mail the completed application form with all required documents to:
Chris Thetford, Student of Ethics Awards,
Better Business Bureau,
211 N. Broadway, Ste. 2060,
St. Louis, MO 63102.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- The Better Business Bureau (BBB) organization will provide scholarship award as following:
- The St. Louis BBB Student of Ethics Award- two (2) students will be receiving scholarships of $2,500 each
- The Columbia BBB Student of Ethics Award- two (2) students will be receiving scholarships of $2,500 each
- The Cape Girardeau BBB Student of Ethics Award- two (2) students will be receiving scholarships of $2,500 each
- The Quincy BBB Student of Ethics Award- two (2) students will be receiving scholarships of $2,500 each
- The scholarship must be applied toward school-related expenses, including tuition, books, room and board, or other related items.
- Scholarships must be used within three years of receiving the award and will be distributed to the student’s college or trade school upon verification of enrollment.
- Award certificates will be presented to recipient students at BBB’s TORCH Awards event in fall 2017.
- BBB will pay for the student to attend this luncheon banquet and will provide two additional tickets for the student’s parents or guests.
All applications are must be postmarked, submitted online or hand delivered by June 2, 2017. The deadline for online submissions (preferred) is 11:59 p.m. June 2, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, contact Chris Thetford at 314-645-0606 or cthetford-at-stlouisbbb.org.