The Australian Government is glad to announce the applications for its Australia Awards Masters Scholarships For Africans 2018.
In line with our previous article on Australia Awards Africa short courses 2018. we bring the Australia Awards Masters scholarship which is available to eligible African candidates to pursue their postgraduate studies.
What You Need To Know About Australia Awards Masters Scholarships For Africans
This year Focus sectors for Masters Awards reflect areas that have been identified as priorities by partner governments and in which Australia is recognised as having world-leading expertise and experience. Current priority sectors include Agricultural Productivity, Extractives and Public Policy.
LEVEL OF STUDY:
Before you apply
To be eligible for an Australia Award – Africa Masters Scholarship, applicants must meet the following:
- You are a national of an eligible country
- Have citizenship of and be currently living in the country of your nationality unless you work for an African Regional Organisation
- Not be married to/or be a de facto of, or engaged to be married to, a person who holds or is eligible to hold Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent resident status
- Driven and motivated mid to senior-level official from key a government agency or a professional working in the private sector or civil society sector who wishes to undertake a Masters degree in Australia in one of your Country’s listed priority fields of study
- Clear vision for how the knowledge gained through the Masters degree will be used to improve policy, practice or education in your proposed field of study in your home country
- Meet the minimum and maximum age requirements as per your country profile
- Meet your Country’s minimum post-graduation work experience. This work experience must be in a role relevant to proposed field of study and to your employment organisation type (e.g. public sector applicants should demonstrate public sector work experience).
- Meet your Country’s minimum undergraduate education qualification requirements
- Must not already be studying towards or hold another Masters degree
- Must be willing to make a formal commitment to return to your home country upon completion of the award.
- Must meet the general minimum eligibility criteria for Australia Awards Scholarships – refer to the Australia Awards Scholarships Policy Handbook.
- Gender Equality: Australia Awards target equal participation by women and men
- Disability Inclusion: Australia Awards aim to ensure that people with a disability are given fair and equal opportunity to compete for and obtain a scholarship.
In order to apply for a Masters Scholarship in Australia, you will first need to find the course at an Australian university that has a partnership with Australia Awards – please click here to see a list of universities
HOW TO APPLY
Application takes only 4 steps
- Log onto the website http://www.australiaawardsafrica.org/awards/apply/
- choose your country and type of Award.
- view course eligibility and criteria
- fill the form and submit application request.
Applications will open on 1 September
WE ALSO RECOMMEND