The Australia Government are glad to announce the Australia Awards Africa-Post-Doctoral Fellowships 2018.The Post-Doctoral Fellowship provides financial support for African academics .
Australia Awards Scholarships are postgraduate scholarships that lead to an academic qualification from an Australian university. The objective of the Awards is to provide high quality education and training to talented Africans who will be in a position, on their return home, to make an important contribution to national or regional development.
Fellowships will be for up to two years, and comprise research components in both Australia and Ghana, Kenya or South Africa. It is limited to 12 months in Australia. The Australian component of the award will be fully funded by the Australia Awards – Africa program.
In 2017, the Australia Awards – Africa program launched the pilot phase for a number of Post-Doctoral Fellowships in partnership with the Australia Africa Universities Network (AAUN), with a view to scaling up and offering post-docs to other selected countries in future.
The pilot was initially open to eligible applicants affiliated to South African universities who are members of the AAUN.
For 2018, the second phase of the pilot will be open to eligible applicants affiliated with Ghanaian, Kenyan or South African universities who are members of the AAUN.
What You Need To Know About Australia Awards Africa-Post-Doctoral Fellowships 2018
Before you apply
To be eligible for an Australia Award – Africa Post-Doctoral Fellowship, applicants must meet the following:
- You are a citizen of an eligible African country
- Your PhD has been conferred at time of application
- You must be affiliated to any one of the following institutions, University of Ghana (Ghana), University of Kenya (Kenya), University of Cape Town or University of Pretoria (South Africa) in an academic/research capacity
- You must have the right to reside and work in Ghana, Kenya or South Africa
- Your field of research must be aligned to Agricultural Productivity, Health and/or Science and Technology
- Your Home and Host Institutions must be members of the Australia Africa Universities Network
- You must satisfy all requirements of the Australian Government for the appropriate Temporary Activity visa (408)
HOW TO APPLY
Application takes only 4 steps
- Log onto the website http://www.australiaawardsafrica.org/awards/apply/
- choose your country and type of Award.
- view course eligibility and criteria
- fill the form and submit application request.
Applications will open on 1 September
WE ALSO RECOMMEND