The Auckland University of Technology is inviting applications for the 2018 research program. The scholarship is available to New Zealand citizens.
The aim of the scholarship is to encourage research into social issues concerning being and becoming human and provides funds for a doctoral candidate at a New Zealand university.
Auckland University of Technology is a university in New Zealand, formed on 1 January 2000 when a former technical college was granted university status.
Auckland University of Technology (AUT) is spread across three campuses in Auckland, New Zealand, and offers over 250 courses in subjects ranging from art and design to languages. It prides itself on being the number one millennial university, and is ranked in the top 50 universities under 50 years old. Auckland itself, meanwhile, was ranked 28th in the QS Best Student Cities ranking, receiving a high score in factors such as quality of living and having a large student community.
Students can get careers advice from the University’s Employability Lab, which offers help with writing a CV and cover letter, improving interview techniques, and making contacts with employers to get work experience.
The University offers a wide range of support services to help make life as stress-free as possible for students during their time studying. These include a disability support service, international student support, a confidential counselling service, and spiritual and religious support for students of all faiths.
There are a wide range of clubs and societies on offer for AUT students to get involved with during their spare time. These range from subject-specific to sports clubs. As New Zealand’s leading sports university, students also have access to state-of-the-art fitness facilities, including sports centres and the opportunity to work with a personal trainer.
During their time studying, students have the opportunity to spend some of their time in another country through an international exchange programme, at one of AUT’s partner institutions. Students are encouraged to do so to stand out from the crowd after graduation, as well as gaining new life and cultural experiences.
What You Need To Know About the Auckland Medical Aid Trust Scholarship
- In assessing applications for the award the Selection Committee will consider academic merit and alignment with the objectives of the Trust.
- The Committee shall also take into account the applicant’s ability and previous experience in the chosen field, particularly as they relate to successful completion of the research within the allocated timetable and the possible outcomes for the benefit of New Zealand.
LEVEL / FIELD OF STUDY:
Scholarship is available to pursue Research program at the Auckland University of Technology.Scholarship is awarded to do study in the field of human reproduction — social, medical and technological.
The scholarship can be taken in New Zealand. If you are an international student and you wish to study in UK , this is for you Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
The Scholarship is available to New Zealand students. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The scholarship is valued at up to $25,000 per annum. It will be awarded for one year but may be extended to a maximum of three years, provided that satisfactory progress is maintained and subject to approval by the Trust.
Auckland Medical Aid Trust Scholarship Eligibility:
Eligible Countries: The Scholarship is available to New Zealand students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- An applicant will be registered as a candidate or will be in the process of registering as a candidate for a doctoral degree at a New Zealand university. (No award will be made to a candidate who has not successfully completed registration for a doctoral degree.) Scholars must reside in New Zealand for the duration of their degree.
- Applications will be accepted from a wide range of disciplines in line with the Trust’s desire to encourage research into social issues concerning human reproduction in its broadest interpretation.
How To Apply For The Auckland Medical Aid Trust Scholarship
Application materials must include the following:
The application form will request and applicants must provide:
- Information relating to their doctoral candidacy or application for doctoral candidacy
- An outline of the doctoral research project, including its relevance to the scholarship’s purpose and their future career a curriculum vitae
- Information on scholarships and awards received or applied for
- A budget
- A statement which identifies achievements and practical experience relevant to the Scholarship
- the names of two referees
- A copy of their academic record
Requests for references and for the academic transcript will be initiated by the applicant within the online application.
Scholarship Applications Deadline: October 01, 2018
WE ALSO RECOMMEND: