Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) Academic Grants are open to early career academics employed by ACU member universities, enabling them to participate in a conference held in a Commonwealth country other than their own.
- At the time of application, applicants must be employed in an academic role by an ACU member institution.
- Applications are open to university staff who are less than ten years from the start of their employment in an academic role.
- Applicants must not have previously worked or attended an academic conference outside their home region.
- Academic staff who have recently returned to work after a career break can also be considered: Applicants to whom this criteria applies should make this clear in their application.
Students of Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia , Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Congo Democratic Republic of, Costa Rica, Cote d’Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, East Timor, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea North, Korea South, Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia , Libya , Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar(Burma), Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Palestine, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, The Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Rwanda, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Switzerland, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United States of America, Uruguay, Uzbekistan.
Applicants can strengthen their application by providing evidence of the submission/acceptance of a paper or poster, or other communication with the conference organisers.
It is highly recommended that applicants attach this evidence to their application form.
Number of Awardees:
The total number of Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) Academic Grants to be given is 30.
Duration of Grants:
The grant must be used to participate in a conference between 1 July 2017 and 31 December 2017.
The deadline for the application of the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) Early Career Academic Grants is March 31, 2019 at 11:59pm (BST).
It is important to go through the Application requirements in the Grants Webpage before applying
The provider of this award is the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU).
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- IFS Individual Research Grants for Citizens of Developing Countries 2018
- CCRT Junior Fellowships for Indian Students, 2019-2020
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarships at University of Stirling in UK, 2019-2020
- AAAS Early Career Award 2019 for Public Engagement with Science
- 20+ Masters Scholarship for Central African Republic Students to Study Abroad 2019
- Fully Funded Africa Oxford Visiting Fellows Program for African Scholars At Oxford University 2018
- Merit Based Scholarships at Syracuse University in USA 2019-2020
- African Research Universities Alliance Post-doctoral Fellowships 2018
- STUDY ABROAD: How to find supervisor or professor for your masters and PhD
- Cardiff University : Center of Law and Society Research Visitor Fellowship 2018