Applications are currently accepted for Asia New Zealand Foundation Research Grants for $5,000 to support postgraduate research into contemporary issues in the Asian region.
The aim of these grants is to promote debate and discussion on matters relating to Asia and New Zealand with implications for foreign and trade policy.
The Asia New Zealand foundation is New Zealand’s leading non-government authority on Asia. The Asia New Zealand Foundation is a non-profit organization, to build New Zealanders’ knowledge and understanding of Asia. The Foundation works in partnership with influential individuals and organisations in New Zealand and Asia to provide development opportunities.
Course Level: These grants are available to pursue Postgraduate research.
Study Subject: These grants are awarded in following fields:
- International relations, regional security, interfaith issues, security challenges, or regional environmental issues
- Trade policy issues in Asia; transnational economic integration (e.g. value chains and production networks); governance and regulation (e.g. SOEs, government procurement, labour and investment flows).
Scholarship Award: These grants will cover $5,000.
Numbers of Scholarships: Three grants are available.
Scholarship can be taken in New Zealand
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
- New Zealand citizens or permanent residents undertaking postgraduate research at any tertiary institution in New Zealand who need supplementary support for overseas fieldwork undertaken as part of their degree
- Undertaking new research (i.e. not already duplicating work that is already done).
Nationality: New Zealand applicants can apply for these fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous year degree.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email.
- A completed application form and relevant attachments
- Cover letter explaining research and why an application for grants is being made
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 31, 2017.