ASHRAE Science And Engineering Scholarships For Undergraduates, 2017
The ASHRAE is pleased to offering applications for the Undergraduate Engineering Scholarships. The program is open to undergraduate engineering or pre-engineering students who are enrolled full-time in a post-secondary educational institution and pursuing a Bachelor of Science or Engineering degree in a course of study. ASHRAE’s is to advance the arts and sciences of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration to serve humanity and promote a sustainable world. The ASHRAE is awarding scholarships of the different amount like $25000, $35000 and $3000 to the winners.
ASHRAE was founded in 1894, is a global society advancing human well-being through sustainable technology for the built environment. The Society and its members focus on building systems, energy efficiency, indoor air quality, refrigeration and sustainability within the industry.
ASHRAE was formed as the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers by the merger in 1959 of American Society of Heating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) founded in 1894 and The American Society of Refrigerating Engineers (ASHRAE) founded in 1904.
To eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- The applicant must be undergraduate engineering or pre-engineering students
- The applicant must be enrolled full-time in a post-secondary educational institution and pursuing a Bachelor of Science or Engineering degree in a course of study that traditionally has been a preparatory curriculum for the HVAC&R profession.
- Applicants must have a cumulative college Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on a scale where 4.0 is the highest and/or a class standing of no less than the top 30% and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- The institution hosts an active ASHRAE Student Branch http://www.ashrae.org/membership–conferences/student-zone/student-branchesor
- The program is accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) abet.org or
- The institution is accredited by an equivalent agency outside the USA that is a signatory of the Washington Accordhttp://www.washingtonaccord.org/Washington-Accord/or
- The institution has a signed Memorandum of Understanding with ABET http://www.abet.org/memoranda-of-understanding/
How to Apply:
To apply, the applicant can submit an application either online or offline through the given link:
The following documents must be submitted with the application:
- Official transcript of college grades. The transcript must be mailed. Photocopies will not be accepted.
- Three signed letters of recommendation as follows: one from an instructor or faculty advisor, a current or past employer, and another character reference (other than a family member). In cases where the institution has an ASHRAE student branch on campus, a letter from the faculty advisor of that branch may be one of the three letters of recommendation.
Application & all required supporting documents must be postmarked by the following ways to:
- Mailed: Lois Benedict/Scholarship Administrator ASHRAE 1791 Tullie Circle, NE, Atlanta, GA 30329 Phone: 404-636-8400 or 678-539-1120
- Fax: 678-539-2120 (direct)
- Email: email@example.com (direct)
Financial Aid and Award Money:
$10,000 Scholarships: (total $25,000)
- Willis H. Carrier Scholarships: Two one-year $10,000 undergraduate engineering scholarships available annually. The scholarship was established by The Carrier Corporation in memory of its founder, who’s known widely for his numerous and significant contributions to establishing air conditioning as an industry. Carrier installed the world’s first scientifically designed air conditioning system in 1902.
- Reuben Trane Scholarships: Three two-year $10,000 undergraduate engineering scholarships awarded $5,000 per year over two years. The scholarship was established in memory of The Trane Company founder, an engineer, inventor & business executive, whose manufacturing enterprise ranks today as one of the world’s largest in the HVAC&R industry.
$5,000 One-Year Scholarships:(total $35,000)
- Gordon V. R. Holness Scholarship named for a former ASHRAE President (2009-2010). Presidential Theme: Sustaining Our Future by Rebuilding Our Past
- Frank M. Coda Scholarship established in memory of ASHRAE’s former Executive Vice President, who served the Society from 1981-2004.
- Lynn G. Bellenger Scholarship available exclusively to women. The scholarship is named in memory of ASHRAE’s first woman president (2010-2011). Presidential Theme: Modeling a Sustainable World
- Alwin B. Newton Scholarship named for an industry pioneer, who was granted 219 patents during his lifetime.
- Duane Hanson Scholarship named after the president of Gayner Engineers, a consulting mechanical/electrical engineering firm in San Francisco, California.
- ASHRAE General Scholarship
- ASHRAE Legacy Scholarship
$3,000 One-Year Scholarships: (total $3,000)
- Henry Adams Scholarship: Scholarship was established by Henry Adams, Inc, a consulting firm based in Baltimore, Maryland, in memory of its founder, a Charter member and sixth president of ASHRAE’s predecessor society, ASHVE, in 1899
The annual application deadlines are as the following:
- December 1st- for Undergraduate Engineering, Regional & University-specific Scholarships
- May 1st- for Undergraduate Engineering Technology & High School Senior Scholarships
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, Contact to Lois Benedict at lbenedict-at-ashrae.org or call 678-539-1120 (direct)