SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarship at NUS in Singapore 2019/2020
Applications are currently ongoing for the ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarship at National University of Singapore. The Scholarship is designed for Students from the ASEAN Member Countries pursuing their Undergraduate program at the national University of Singapore. ASEAN scholarship Singapore is awarded to freshmen based on academic merit.
These freshmen must be citizens or permanent residents of an ASEAN* member country (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam).
Here in our forum we have a comprehensive information about nus undergraduate merit scholarship such as eligibility criteria, application dates, scholarship awards and asean scholarship requirements. Go through the eligibility requirements and apply ASAP.
What to know about National University of Singapore
The National University of Singapore is an autonomous research university founded in 1905 as a medical college, and is recognized as one of the top schools in the world. QS World University Rankings saw the school placed at 15th in the world, while Times Higher Education ranked them 22nd internationally and 1st in Singapore (as well as all of Asia) in their 2018 rankings.
There are many National University of Singapore scholarships that are being offered to international students, so please keep reading!
Roughly 38,000 students attend the National University of Singapore. That figure is comprised of about 28,000 undergraduate students and 10,000 graduates. There was 5,016 academic staff at NUS, which comes out to a roughly 8:1 student to faculty ratio.
In total, there are 15 different departments and programs, as well as five minor programs. Students even have the option of learning twelve different languages!
National University of Singapore Scholarships (Undergraduate)
There are many scholarships that are available for undergraduate students at the National University of Singapore. The scholarships offered are divided into two categories.
- Scholarships Administered by NUS
- Asean Undergraduate Scholarships
- Science and Technology Undergraduate Scholarships
- Scholarships offered by External Organizations
- A Better Florist Scholarships
- Cimb Asean Scholarships
- Club 21 Scholarships
- Dr. Goh Keng Swee Scholarships
- Her Flowers Scholarships
- Kuok Foundation Undergraduate Awards
- Saudi Aramco Scholarships
These are all the National University of Singapore scholarships that are offered to students around the world.
ASEAN undergraduate scholarship at NUS Singapore is opened only to Undergraduate students who are Singapore students pursuing their undergraduate programs.
ASEAN undergraduate scholarship at NUS Singapore is hosted in Singapore by National University of Singapore in Singapore for full-time NUS undergraduates who have outstanding academic merit and co-curricular activities.
This is a golden opportunity for you as Singapore student to study in one of the best university in Singapore free. You can also check out some of the scholarships by country here in our forum to pick out the best scholarships you wish to get.
Only students who are ASEAN countries member, Singapore not included are qualify or eligible to apply for ASEAN undergraduate scholarship.
* ASEAN comprises Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The scholarship worth includes the following :
- the subsidised tuition fees (after Tuition Grant) for the normal duration (up to four years) of the respective degree programmes at SUTD; and
- a living allowance of $5,800 per academic year for the recipients.
- All Singapore permanent residents and international students taking up the MOE Tuition Grant Subsidy are required to work with a Singapore-registered company of their choice for three years upon graduation.
The Scholarship is open to Singapore Permanent Residents (SPR) and International Students of ASEAN (except Singapore) nationality pursuing full-time MOE-subsidised undergraduate degree programmes in SUTD that leads to a first degree, and who
- have outstanding Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘A’ level, Local Polytechnic Diploma, NUS High School Diploma, IB Diploma or Year 12 equivalent qualifications
- show exemplary Co-Curricular Activities records
- have good leadership qualities and potential
It is expedient that you note the following:
- The NUS undergraduate merit scholarship is open to students from all faculties. However, candidates should note that due to the highly competitive nature of courses like Medicine, Dentistry and Law, there are limited scholarships for students who wish to pursue these courses.
- Recipients of the scholarship may not concurrently hold any other scholarship, fellowship, grant or award without prior approval from the University.
- The University does not provide any assistance towards travel or other costs nor does it guarantee employment for the scholar upon graduation.
- The scholarship covers the entire duration of undergraduate studies on condition that scholars maintain a minimum CAP (Cumulative Average Point) of 3.5. The academic performance is monitored on a semester basis.
- The Scholarship may be withdrawn at any time if, in the opinion of the University, the recipient’s academic progress or conduct is deemed unsatisfactory.
- If the scholar decides to terminate the scholarship prematurely, the university reserves the right to impose a repayment on a case-by-case basis.
ASEAN scholarship requirements
- Be a citizens of one of ASEAN countries member
- Have strong leadership skill
- Have a good background
- Have an outstanding high school result
- Apply for a full-time degree in Singapore
How can I Apply for ASEAN scholarship Singapore
Candidates will be considered and shortlisted for interviews through their application for admission to NUS. No separate scholarship application is required.
- First, apply for an admission to the school
- Secondly, you have to work on applying for the scholarship
- After shortlisted, you will be called for interview
- applicants for admission to NUS will be shortlisted automatically through their application for admission.
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed by 30 June of the year of admission.
- Best 17 Animation Scholarships 2019 -2020
- Coca-Cola USA Scholarship 2019 | Coca-cola scholarship Application form
- Rhodes Scholarships at Oxford University for International Students, UK, 2019
- Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships , Undergraduate, Masters & PhD 2019-2020
- LIST OF SCHOLARSHIPS IN SINGAPORE FOR HOME AND INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS 2018-2019
- TYLENOL Scholarship Program Application 2019-2020
- Department of Economics NUS PhD Scholarships in Singapore, 2017
- VFW Voice of Democracy Scholarship Program 2019-2020
Do you find this content helpful or do you have any question relating to the information we provided here? please kindly drop a comment on our comment box and we will get back to you as soon as possible.