SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
ASEAN are reportedly inviting applications for the ASEAN-India Research Training Fellowship (AIRTF) for ASEAN Researchers from India.
Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue research training program.
Nationality: ASEAN Member State are eligible to apply for this fellowship program.
Study Subject: The area/ topic of research for availing AIRTF must be ASEAN centric and must be aligned with the ASEAN Plan of Action on Science, Technology, and Innovation (APASTI)-2016-2025. A copy of the APASTI is placed at Appendix-I. Fellowship will be offered for working in research topics under any of the following broad disciplines:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Biological and Medical Sciences
- Chemical Sciences & Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Physical Sciences and Mathematics
- Ocean, Earth & Atmospheric Sciences 6. Engineering Sciences
- Materials, Minerals, and Metallurgy
- Science Policy / IPR Management / Technology Transfer & Commercialization
- Other multi-disciplinary areas of Science, Technology, and Innovation in alignment with APASTI.
Number of Scholarships: Initially to start with 100 (One Hundred) Fellowships per year
Host Nationality: India
Scholarship Benefit: Full financial assistance will be provided to the selected Fellows which will include the following:-
- All international travel related expenses i.e. round trip international airfare by excursion/ economy class by the shortest route from the international airport in the home country of the applicant to the international airport nearest to the host institution in India; visa fees, overseas medical insurance etc.
- A consolidated Fellowship amount of Indian Rupees (INR) 50,000 per month (non-taxable) for accommodation, meals and other miscellaneous.
- A one-time grant of INR 40,000/- for 6 months period for research contingency expenses, airport transfers, domestic travel (by road) for attending scientific events and field-trips within India, and Institutional overhead charges @ Rs. 2,500/- per month.
- The allowance as in (a), (b) and (c) will be released to the host institution in India for disbursement to the Fellow. The host Institution will arrange appropriate accommodation for the Fellow on payment basis.
- The selected Fellow is advised to take an appropriate policy for health insurance coverage for the period of stay in India. The cost for obtaining overseas insurance policy is covered and reimbursable under AISTDF.
- Individual Fellow, or his/ her government/institution, is required to bear the following costs:
i) All expenses in the home country incidental to travel abroad, including expenditure incurred to obtain passport and visa and for medical examinations and vaccinations as may be required as well as other miscellaneous expenses such as internal travel to/ from the international airport of departure in the home country.
ii) Salary and other related allowances in the home country, if applicable, during the Fellowship period.
- Neither the AISTDF nor the host institution in India will assume any responsibility whatsoever for the following expenditure of the Fellows during the tenure of the Fellowship:
i) Compensation in the event of death, disability or loss of personal belongings or compensation for damage caused by climatic or other conditions.
ii) Travel and other costs incurred by the dependents, who might accompany the Fellows.
Eligibility: Eligibility criteria includes:
- Applicant must be holding the nationality of any of the ASEAN Member State.
- Possess at-least a Masters Degree in any Natural Sciences or an equivalent degree in Technology / Engineering / Medicine / allied disciplines.
- Applicant should be working in a national R&D or academic institution in his/ her home ASEAN Member country. The application should be endorsed by the Head of his/ her institution confirming that if selected, he/ she will be sanctioned leave for the Fellowship period and will join his/ her duties back in the institution on completion of the Fellowship in India.
- The upper age limit for the applicant is 45 years as on date of submission of application.
- Fluency in the English language
- Indian nationals are not eligible for the Fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must possess at-least a Masters Degree in any Natural Sciences or an equivalent degree in Technology / Engineering / Medicine / allied disciplines.
English Language Requirements: Fluency in the English language is required.
How to Apply:
Only electronic communication will be accepted and therefore, the complete application, in soft form, should be sent as attachment to the e-mail addresses leesing. cheong-at-asean.org and Sharma_rk-at-nic.in after scanning the documents wherever required, only in a single soft file (Ms word format or pdf format) Hard copies of the application by post/ courier/ FAX are neither required nor will be considered.
The Applicant should submit the application, through email, to the Science & Technology Division of ASEAN Secretariat with a copy to IMRC Division, Department of Science & Technology in the enclosed format along with the following enclosures:
- Application Form (Annexure-II)
- Copy of Relevant Pages of Passport
- A copy of an endorsement from present employer duly filled in and signed, along with Signature of the applicant. Take a print out of the format of ‘Endorsement of Present Employer’ appended at the end of the Application format and attach a scanned copy of the appropriately filled up document along with the application form).
- A copy of the letter/email from any Indian scientist/ institution with consent to accept you to work with them if you get selected.
Application Deadline: The applications can be submitted at any time during the year. There is no specific deadline for submitting the applications.