SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Opportunities are available for the Arwa Fellowship for Yemeni Women 2018. The Arwa Fellowship for Yemeni women in civil society and public service is a semester- or year-long individual, non-resident fellowship for women working in civil society or the public sector in Yemen. Fellows will receive a grant which can be used for training, university tuition, or other professional development expenses, or to fund a specific capacity-building initiative. Fellows will work closely with YPP staff and volunteer advisors to design their initiatives or otherwise advance their civil society/public service careers. Fellows will also assist with the YPP’s in-country programs, or conduct research and analysis in support of the YPP’s work on United States policy toward Yemen. They will tailor each fellowship to match the interests and skills of the fellow.
- Fellows will receive cash grants totaling $1,000 – $5,000 over the course of a semester, or $2,000 – $10,000 over the course of a full year.
- Applicants must be women currently working in civil society or public service. This includes employees of charitable organizations, think-tanks, other nongovernmental organizations, and government agencies;
- This fellowship is intended for women working and living in Yemen, but applications from Yemenis living outside of Yemen may be considered, so long as their work in some way benefits Yemeni citizens;
- Applicants from any governorate are welcome, but preference will be given to residents of Abyan, Aden, al-Baydha, al Dhali’, Hadhramawt, al-Hudaydah, Lahj, al-Mahrah, Marib, Ta’iz, Sa’dah, and Soqotra governorates;
- Applicants must be proficient in English.
- Applicants must complete all the questions on the online application form to be considered for the 2018 fellowship;
- Applications must be received by September 30, 2017;
- Fellows will be notified by October 31, 2017;
- Initial grant payments will be made in December or January, depending on need.
Deadline: September 30, 2017
For more information, visit Arwa Fellowship.