Korean Government Scholarship 2019-2020
The Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) is offered to international students who want to pursue Bachelors(undergraduate degree), Masters and Ph.D. degrees in Korean Universities. The scholarship is aimed to provide international students with an opportunity to Study in Korea and conduct advanced studies in a higher educational institution in Korea, to develop global leaders and strengthen Korea-friendly networks worldwide.
Korea currently top the World’s Chart of the Best World Study Abroad Destination. Most of their Scholarships are Fully sponsored, Students Visa Requirements very easy to meet up.
The Scholarship Program is sponsored and managed by the National Institute for International Education Development (NIIED), a branch of the Ministry of Education in South Korea. This scholarship provides non-Korean scholars with the funding and opportunity to conduct undergraduate or postgraduate level studies in South Korea after completing one year of intensive Korean language studies.
What You Need To Know About Korean Government Scholarships
The Government Sponsorship is offered annually to international undergraduates, masters and Ph.D. students to Study In Korea. The Korean Government over the years has proven to be committed to fostering stronger diplomatic tides between the international communities and Korea through these Korean Government Scholarships which avail intelligent international students the opportunity to achieve their dreams.
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. get the E-book for free by dropping your thought on the article in the comment box.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched scholarships you can utilize in 2019
- 2019/2020 Fully Funded Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2019-2020
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2019-2020
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2019-2020
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2019-2020
Study In Korea
Korea has about 250 national, public and private universities that welcome both Korean and international students. Recent government reforms have made it much easier for international students to afford to live and work in Korea while attending programs at institutes of higher education.
Why Study in Korea?
Korean schools have notable research programs, distinguished faculty, and state-of-the-art research facilities. Six Korean universities were rated in the top 400 world universities, according to Times Higher Education World University Rankings
Korea charges all students, whether Korean nationals or international students, the same tuition.
In addition to offering master’s degrees that are more affordable than those in English-speaking countries, the Korean government, Korean universities, and several private foundations provide many scholarship programs specifically designated for international students.
Many Korean universities also provide assistance with employment for international students.
Korean Government Scholarships Application Form
The applicant for the KGSP 2019-2020 is expected to pick the application from the Korean Embassy from their host country or a partnering Korean University.
Level/ Field of Study:
This Korean scholarship for international students is designed for Bachelors, Masters, and Ph.D. taken in any of the Courses offered at one of the 60 participating Korean higher institutions
korean scholarship for international students is hosted by the Korean Government. We also recommend that you browse through our scholarship by country to find different scholarships available for your country of choice.
Which Countries Are Eligible For The Korean Government Scholarships for international students to study in Korea ??
The scholarships are open to students from the following countries:
China, Japan, Russia, Cambodia, Mongolia, Vietnam, Mexico, India, Indonesia, Thailand, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Kazakhstan, Myanmar, Chinese Taipei, Uzbekistan, Turkey, USA, Ethiopia, Colombia, Nepal, Senegal, Bangladesh, Ukraine, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Morocco, Azerbaijan, El Salvador, Egypt, Tanzania, Germany, France, Dominica, Chile, Iran, Canada, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Kyrgyzstan, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Pakistan, Gabon, Romania, Belarus, Bulgaria, Slovakia, United Kingdom, Czech, Guatemala, Ecuador, Algeria, Yemen, Uganda, Belize, Honduras, Italy, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Poland, Ghana, Georgia, Greece, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Nigeria, Republic of South Africa, Netherlands, Nicaragua, Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste, Rwanda, Libya, Lithuania, Moldavia, Bahrain, Barbados, Bahamas, Venezuela, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Brazil, Brunei, Serbia, Seychelles, Sudan, Sweden, Slovenia, Armenia, Argentina, Haïti, Ireland, Afghanistan, Angola, Oman, Austria, Uruguay, Iraq, Israel, Zambia, Cameroon, Qatar, Kenya, Costa Rica, Cote d’Ivoire, Croatia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Panama, Paraguay, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Fiji, Hungary, Australia, Jordan
What are the Eligibility – criteria for the Korean Government Scholarships for international students
- Candidates and their parents must hold non-Korean citizenship.
- KGSP-G: under 40
- KGSP-U: under 25
- Candidates must be physically and mentally healthy for their studies in Korea.
- KGSP-G: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- KGSP-U: High school diploma
- The cumulative grade point average (CGPA) must be 80% or higher; or
- The CGPA must be 2.64/ 4.0, 2.80/ 4.3, 2.91/ 4.5, or 3.23/ 5.0 or higher.
Number of Scholarships
- KGSP Undergraduate: around 170 grantees will be awarded annually
- KGSP Graduate: around 800 grantees will be awarded annually
- Flight fee
- Full Tuition
- Medical Insurance
- Settlement Allowance
- Completion Grants
Undergraduate Scholarship Benefits:
- Airplane Ticket or Airfare: The scholarship covers an economy class flight with the shortest route between a scholar’s country and Korea. A one-way ticket to Korea will be offered to each scholar at the beginning of the scholarship program; another one-way ticket from Korea will be offered for those who complete their studies under the scholarship program.
- Monthly Stipend: 800,000 KRW per month
- Tuition: The tuition fee up to 5 million KRW is covered by NIIED. In case the tuition is higher than 5 million KRW, the exceeding amount is covered by the host university. The university entrance fee is covered by the host university.
- Settlement Allowance: 200,000 KRW upon arrival
- Scholarship Completion Grants: 100,000 KRW upon completion of studies
- Korean Language Training: The full cost for the 1 year is covered by NIIED and the language institution.
- Medical Insurance: Scholars are covered by health insurance for major accidents and illnesses during their scholarship period.
- Korean Proficiency Grants: Scholars with level 5 or 6 on TOPIK will receive 100,000 KRW won per month during the degree program.
Graduate Scholarship Benefits:
– Entry to Korea: an economy class flight ticket to Korea
– Return flight: an economy class flight ticket from Korea to KGSP scholar’s home country
– The airfare for entry will NOT be provided to scholars who have resided in Korea from the time of applying and on.
– The return flight is available only for the KGSP scholars who successfully complete their degree coursework.
– The return flight is NOT offered for those who withdraw from the scholarship.
– Any fees incurred in the domestic travel within a KGSP scholar’s home country are NOT covered.
– International travel insurance is NOT covered.
– The flight tickets for the Chinese and Czech KGSP scholars will be prepared and provided by the Chinese and the Czech governments, according to the agreements with the Korean government.
- Settlement Allowance: 200,000 KRW
- Monthly Allowance
– Degree Program (Master’s or Doctoral): 900,000 KRW
– Research Program: 1,500,000 KRW
- Research Allowance
– Liberal Arts and Social Science Degrees: 210,000 KRW per semester
– Science, Technology and Engineering Degrees: 240,000 KRW per semeste
- Language Training Fees: Fully covered
- Degree Tuition: Fully covered
– Tuition up to 5 million KRW is covered by NIIED, and the amount that exceeds 5 million is covered by the host university.
– The KGSP scholars are waived from the admission fees of the universities.
- Dissertation Printing Fee Reimbursement
– The actual cost of printing as written on the receipt will be reimbursed.
– The maximum amount is 500,000 KRW for degrees in Liberal Arts and Social Science and 800,000 KRW for degrees in Science, Technology, and Engineering.
- Medical Insurance: 20,000 KRW per month
- Korean Proficiency Grants: 100,000 KRW per month
– This special funding is available for KGSP scholars with levels 5 and 6 on TOPIK.
- Scholarship Completion Grants: 100,000 KRW
– It is offered for the KGSP scholars who return to their home countries after completing their degree coursework under the scholarship.
– It is not offered for the KGSP scholars who decide to stay in Korea after the completion of their degree coursework.
How to Apply | Korean Government Scholarship Application Form:
Applicants can only apply for the scholarships through the Korean Embassy in their home country or a participating Korean University.
Applicants should submit all documents related to their scholarship application to the Korean Embassy in their country of residence to or the domestic university concerned.
The Korean Embassy or the domestic university sends proper candidates to NIIED with the required documents.
NIIED evaluates potential candidates and notifies the Korean Embassy of the final selected KGSP grantees.
KGSP Selection Procedure:
1st Selection: Applicants submit their applications either to the Korean Embassies around the world or to the partnering universities in Korea. The embassies and universities select the successful candidates among the applicants in the 1st round of selection. The applicants of the successful candidates will then be forwarded to NIIED
2nd Selection: The NIIED selection committee selects the successful candidates among those who passed the 1st round.
3rd Selection: Among the successful candidates who have passed the 2nd round, the applications of those who applied through the Korean Embassies will be reviewed by universities for admission. Successful candidates must get admission from at least one of the universities.
- 1-year Korean language course +2 year Associate degree
- 1-year Korean language course + 4-year Bachelors degree
- 1-year Korean language course+ 2 years of Master’s degree
- 1-year Korean language course + 3 years of Doctoral degree
KGSP Application Deadline:
- Graduate: February 2019 to March 2019
- Undergraduate: September 2019 to October 2019 (To open in September 2019)
Applicants submit their applications either to the Korean Embassies around the world or to the partnering universities in Korea
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships 20 19
- South Korean Government Undergraduate Scholarship Program
- List Of Scholarships With October Deadline
- 2019-2020 Korean Government Scholarships for Bachelors, Masters & PhD for Developing Countries
- Fully-Funded Graduate Scholarships For Economically Developing Nations 2019-2020
- Korean Government K-Startup Grand Challenge 2019 For Entrepreneurs
- Top 25 Chinese Government Scholarships 2019-2020
- Dexa Scholarships 2019 | How To Apply For Dexa Scholarship
- List of Germany Scholarships for Developing Countries 2019-2020
- A study in South Korea: Find Out How to Apply for Admission and Visa with Cost of Living
- Chevening Scholarships for Rwandan Students 2019-2020
- Mitsui Bussan Scholarship Program | MBK Scholarships 2019
- Top 10 Chinese Government Scholarships for Rwandan Students 2019-2020
- 2019 Mexican Government Foreign Students Scholarship Program
- Fully Funded MBA Scholarships School at Peking University, China
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. if no, leave a response on the comment box and also rate our post to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- APPLICATION LINK
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- SCHOLARSHIP WORTH
Korean Government Scholarships are for both local and International students, open to undergraduates and postgraduates students to study in Korea. Apply NOW!!