International Fellowship in Climate Protection for Developing Countries – Germany
The climate protection fellowship is fully supported by Federal Environment Ministry’s (BMU) International Climate Initiative in Germany. The applicants are expected coming Developing Countries. There will be 20 International fellows will be selected to receive the demanding fellowship. This program is offered on annual basis. Fellowships are specially open for young climate experts from developing countries interested in conducting a project in Germany and developing long-term collaborations.
This fellowship award is mainly targeted to young climate experts from developing countries interested in conducting a project in Germany and developing long-term collaborations. The fellowship allows future leaders to spend a year in Germany working on a research-based project of their own choice in the field of climate protection. Fellows are free to choose their own hosts. An intensive German-language course before you begin the fellowship will smooth your way into everyday life in Germany whilst a continuing education event lasting several days in the course of the fellowship will enable you to acquire not only practical knowledge of climate protection but also expertise in management.
- a monthly fellowship of between €2,150 and €2,650, depending on your qualifications
- individual mentoring during your stay in Germany
- additional financial support for items such as family members accompanying you, travel expenses or a German language course
- a three-week introductory phase, during which you will have the opportunity to make contact with other climate protection fellows and visit companies, research institutions and cultural events in Germany
- extensive alumni sponsorship, particularly to help you sustain contact with collaborative partners in Germany during your entire professional career
Level and Area of Studies
The fellowship is research fellowship in climate protection and climate-related resource conservation.
Place of Project: Germany
Eligibility and Criteria
In order to be considered in the fellowship, you must meet all of the following requirement:
- University degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) completed with outstanding results less than 12 years prior to the start of the fellowship
- Clearly visible leadership potential demonstrated by experience in a leadership position, or appropriate references
- Professional experience in a leadership role in the field of climate protection (at least 48 months at the time of application), or a further academic or professional qualification
- Very good knowledge of English and/or German
- Additional requirements-Initial practical experience gained in the context of climate protection projects
- A detailed statement by a host in Germany, including a mentoring agreement
- Citizenship of a non-European transition or developing country (see list of countries) which is also the fellow’s habitual abode and place of work
- Two expert references by individuals qualified to comment on the candidate’s professional, personal and, if applicable, academic eligibility and his / her leadership potential
All applicants from developing countries may apply this fellowship. The eligible countries can be seen at: Developing Country List
The fellowship must be applied online. Please find the application link at the website and application link below.
1 March 2017
Website and Application Link