Last updated on February 12th, 2018 at 10:36 am
Knowledge, innovations, and Creativity forms the basis of Google ethics. They(Google) don’t care if you are disable. what they care most is that you can think, innovate, create and network idea. Google has been patnering with the Lime connect since 2008 to award Scholarships, Networking retreats for Computer Science student with Visible or non Visible disability.
The Google Lime Scholarship 2018-2019 is designed for undergraduate, graduate or Ph.D. students, who are pursuing a computer science or computer engineering degree, or a degree in a closely related technical field in college or university. google lime scholarship winners goes home with $10,000 for those studying in the US and $5,000 for those studying in Canada (based on tuition costs).
Lime Connect was founded as a not for profit corporation in March of 2006 to represent a fresh, out-of-the-box business approach in the disability talent space.
Level/Field of Study:
The Scholarships aimed at funding fees for students pursuing their undergraduate, graduate or Ph.D degree, in computer science or computer engineering, or a degree in a closely related technical field in college or university.
United States and Canada
United States and Canada
The Scholarship is worth $10,000 for those studying in the US and $5,000 for those studying in Canada (based on tuition costs).
Google LIME Scholarships 2018-2019 Requirements:
2018 Scholarship Applicants must match the following criteria:
- A current undergraduate, graduate or Ph.D. student enrolled at a university in the U.S. or Canada (freshmen/first years and international students studying in the U.S. or Canada are eligible to apply) and also
- Continuing current studies or intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a new program (e.g., graduating and pursuing an advanced degree) at a university in the U.S. or Canada in the 2017-2018 academic year
- Pursuing a Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree, or a degree in a closely related technical field (such as software engineering or electrical engineering with a heavy computer science course load)
- Maintaining a strong academic performance
- A student with a visible or invisible disability (defined as someone who has, or considers themselves to have, a long-term, or recurring, issue that impacts one or more major activities that others may consider to be a daily function) this definition also includes the perception among others that a disability exists. We know that 90% of disabilities on campus are invisible, and candidates with all disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate a commitment to and passion for computer science and technology
- Previous Google Lime Scholars are unfortunately not able to be considered
- This scholarship is not open to current high school students
How Best to Apply for the Scholarship:
Candidates can apply by logging into, or join the Lime Network through the given link: Below
- Contact, education and experience information
- Current resume & unofficial transcripts
- Three essays – this is your opportunity to show us your passion for computer science
- Two recommendation letters from a professor, adviser or supervisor
Financial Aid and Award Money:
$10,000 scholarship award will be given for those studying in the US and $5,000 for those who are studying in Canada (based on tuition costs).
The 2018 application is now closed. Please check back in October 2018 for the application for the 2019-2020 academic year..
Link for More Information: