One of the most cost-effective ways of studying marine engineering and other ocean-related costs is through the 2020 Zhejiang University Scholarship Program in China.
The scholarship provides full or partial funding to Africans, students from developing countries, and other international students to acquire a graduate degree in China.
This scholarship is open to non-Chinese students who are pursuing a master or PhD program in ocean-related specialties. A full or partial scholarship will be given to the winning applicants.
The scholarship is of different types which include;
Scholarship Type A (Full scholarship)
Scholarship Type B (Partial scholarship)
1) Costs of the laboratory experiments or internships beyond the university’s arrangements should be self-afforded.
2) Monthly living allowance is granted to the students at the following rates (CNY per month):
Scholarship students shall receive their monthly living allowance after registration. New students who register before the 15th day of the registration month will get the full amount of living allowance of that month, and those who register after 15th will get half the amount of that month.
Upon graduation, students will get a living allowance for another 15 days after the graduation date set by the university.
The allowance will be terminated from the following month after students suspend, terminate or complete their studies at the university.
Monthly living allowances cover school holidays. Scholarship students who missed the monthly living allowance during holidays may be reimbursed upon their return on campus.
The allowance will be suspended for at least one month for those students who do not register on time without permission from the university, who are on leave for non-health reasons, or are absent from the university for over a month.
3) A Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Program for International Students in China is provided for the scholarship students in China in case of hospitalization for serious diseases and accidental injuries.
Level and Area of Studies
Masters’ or doctoral program in ocean-related specialties.
Place of Study
At Zhejiang University in China.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Ensure you meet the requirements prescribed in Doctoral Degree Programs Admission 2020 or Master’s Degree Programs Admission 2020.
- You must have a competitive academic record and display a strong scientific research ability.
- You are not eligible for Zhejiang University Scholarship if you’re a benefactor of any other scholarships at the time of application.
- To apply for a master’s degree, you will be required to show a prove of your bachelor’s degree and be usually under the age of 40.
- Also, to apply for a doctoral degree, you must possess a master’s degree and be usually under the age of 45.
Citizens of non-Chinese nationality in good health, from a coastal/island country of South China Sea, the Indian Ocean, the Pacific, and its surround island countries, or an African developing country.
Application Instruction For Zhejiang University Scholarship
The following materials and instructions are to be possessed and followed instructively;
Applicants shall submit the following application materials to the Admissions Office (postgraduate program) of the International College of Zhejiang University by post or in person.
1. Application Form for Admission to Zhejiang University, pasted with a recent photograph (white background, 35mm×45mm in size).
Fill in and submit the application form via the Student Login first (Link), then print and sign the Application Form produced by the online application system.
2. Highest degree certificates, which must be original documents or notarized copies.
Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
4. Academic transcripts, which must be original documents or notarized copies. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
5. Photocopies of language (Chinese or English) proficiency certificates.
6. A photocopy of your passport.
7. Personal statement, in Chinese or English, should include study and work experience, reasons for application and study proposal.
8. Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors, in Chinese or English. (Professors’ signature, contact phone number, and email address must be put on the letter.)
9. Published academic papers or other academic achievements. (If any)
10. Remittance receipt of the application fee (RMB 800 yuan). (Bank account)
11. Form for Provisional Acceptance of International Student by ZJU Professor.download(If any)
Note the following
April 30, 2020.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- Shanghai Government Bachelors, Masters and PhD Scholarships For International Students
- Chinese University Program for Non-Chinese Students at HUST in China
- International Scholarship of Bachelor Program in Chemical Engineering
- NUIST Scholarship for International Students in China
- Beijing Sport University Belt and Road Scholarship in China
- 10 Public Health Scholarships in China for Students from Developing Countries
- TOP TEN INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS IN CHINA
- Zhejiang Provincial Government Scholarships for foreign students
- Tianjin University International Student Scholarship for Non-Chinese Students in China