Sheffield University in UK is delighted to call for applications from Kenyan and other international students for the International Undergraduate Merit Scholarships 2019.
Only eligible applicants will be considered for this scholarship program. Hurry now and apply!!
About The Program:
We’re offering 150 Alumni Fund scholarships worth £3,600 each for home students starting their studies in September 2019.
These are entirely funded by donations from alumni and friends of the University from around the world.
You’ll need to be eligible for a maintenance loan from Student Finance of at least £5,256 (household income of below £50,000).
You must also have received an academic offer to study a full-time undergraduate course at the University of Sheffield starting in September 2019.
The International Undergraduate Merit Scholarships is for candidates seeking a course in any undergraduate program.
Institution of study:
The institution at which the International Undergraduate Merit Scholarships program will be taken is Sheffield University, UK.
- Applicants must have applied for and been offered a study place for an undergraduate programme at the University of Sheffield to be eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants must apply for a study place by Friday 14 April 2019 for entry in September 2019 to be eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- The scholarship will not be available to applicants who have made the University of Sheffield their insurance choice.
- The scholarship application is a separate online process to applying for a course. A link to the online scholarship application will be sent by email to all eligible students from January onwards.
- The scholarship will be awarded on the the basis of academic merit and the supporting statement. The final decision will be made by an academic panel.
- The scholarship is guaranteed in the first year of study and you can also receive this in each subsequent year of study, subject to achieving 60% or above in the previous academic year. This excludes any years in industry or study abroad periods. This applies to all undergraduate programmes except Medicine and Dentistry. Students of Medicine or Dentistry will only receive the scholarship for the non-clinical years (Medicine years 1 & 2 and Dentistry year 1)
- The scholarship can be awarded in conjunction with other University of Sheffield scholarships as long as the individual does not become fully funded, for tuition fee purposes, as a result of the sum of these awards.
- The scholarships will take the form of a tuition fee reduction only.
- You must be self-funding and classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- The scholarship will not be awarded where funding is applicable from an external body* and there is an agreement already in place between the external body and the University of Sheffield to offer a tuition fee discount to the student.
- The scholarships are for full-time and part-time students only. Students studying online or via distance learning are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Part-time students will receive the full value of a one year of scholarship split over the duration of an equivalent single full-time academic year.
To be eligible for the International Undergraduate Merit Scholarships, the applicant must be a national of or permanently domiciled in one of the following:
|East and South Africa: Kenya, Uganda, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, South Africa, Tanzania, Mauritius||Middle East and North Africa: Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Oman, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt, Sudan, Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco|
|South East Asia: Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar (Burma), Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam|
- A link to the online scholarship application will be sent by email to all eligible students from January onwards.
- Applicants must have applied for a study place by April 2018.
- The deadline for scholarship applications is April 2018.
- Scholarship results will be announced on the May 2018.
How to Apply:
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- 20 Undergraduate Scholarships For Algerians 2019-2020
- Edinburgh Global International Students Undergraduate Maths Scholarships 2018/2019
- Mechanic Engineering Program in Germany 2018/2019
- 2018 Royal Holloway Excellence Scholarships, UK
- LATEST: How to Get Financial Aid for HVAC Training
- University Of Amsterdam Merit Scholarships (AMS) for International Students 2019/2020
- The İbni Sina Medical Sciences Scholarship program in Turkey 2019
- 9 Full Tuition Fee Waivers Scholarships for International Students 2019
- JRC Fuwaku Scholarship at University of London in UK, 2019
- 15 Scholarships for Comoros to Study in Canada 2019-2020