The applications for AHIMA Foundation Scholarship are accepted on annual basis. This scholarship is open to students undertaking undergraduate and postgraduate degree. The eligible are students pursuing courses related to health studies. The winners of this award will receive award with varied value depending on the level of the scholarships. The next application deadline is September 30 each year.
The AHIMA Foundation annually offers merit scholarships to currently enrolled outstanding undergraduates in HIM and health information technology (HIT) as well as those professionals pursuing master’s or doctoral degrees in areas related to health information. There four types of this AHIMA Foundation Scholarship based on the level of studies: Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s degree/Post-Baccalaureate certificate, Master’s degree, and doctoral degree scholarship.
Each of the successful applicants may expect to receive award valued according to their level of studies as follow:
– Associate’s degree – $1,000
– Bachelor’s degree/Post-Baccalaureate certificate – $1,500
– Master’s degree – $2,000
– Doctoral degree – $2,500
Level and Area of Studies
All level of degree in health related studies.
Place of Study
In the United States of America
Eligibility and Criteria
This scholarship only available for those meet all of the following criteria:
- Current member of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
- Actively enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credit hours towards pursuing a degree
- Completed 24 credit hours towards a degree (for graduate degree applicants, this can include undergraduate credit hours)
- Have at least six (6) credit hours rremaining after the award date (after December 30)
- Achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 (out of 4.0) or 4.5 (out of 5.0) based on the most recently completed 24 credit hours
- Have not been awarded any AHIMA Foundation scholarship for the academic degree being sought through this application
- Submit a completed online application and all of its components
U.S student may apply this scholarship
The AHIMA Foundation Scholarship can be applied for online. Please note that the candidates will be required to provide transcripts, recommendations and verifying enrolment. The applicant will also need to submit an essay covering topics such as: academic history, career objectives, professional and volunteer experience, and educational and professional goals.
30 September each year.
Please contact Mary Taylor-Blasi at (312) 233-1131 or mary.taylor- firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.