Application are currently been accepted for the NUS Law Doctoral Research Scholarships in Singapore , Eligible scholars bare invited apply but are reminded that all applications must be submitted before the deadline
As Asia’s Global Law School, the Faculty of Law of the National University of Singapore (NUS Law) is committed to fostering excellence in research by building a strong core of doctoral research students. The NUS PhD comprises: (i) coursework (up to 6 graduate courses, taken in the first year), followed by (ii) a thesis of not more than 80,000 words.
Level: doctoral data-custom-mark=”true”Researchdata-custom-mark=”true” programme.
Scholarship covers: Successful applicants recommended for the award of a Graduate Research Scholarship will receive: (i) a monthly stipend, and (ii) a full tuition fee subsidy. For International Students, the monthly stipend is currently S$2,000. Probationary PhD students who successfully pass the DCQE will receive an additional monthly stipend of up to S$500 per month.
-The Graduate Research Scholarship and any additional stipends are renewable annually subject to good performance.
-In addition to their annual leave (21 working days), Graduate Research Scholars are eligible to apply for (i) Research and Conference Leave, (ii) Leave of Absence.
-Graduate Research Scholars who apply successfully for Research and Conference leave will receive additional financial support, capped at a maximum of S$4,000 throughout their degree candidature.
School(Institutions/ Country): | Singapore
A good Bachelor’s degree in Law (LLB/BA) and a good Master’s degree in Law (LLM/BCL/MJur/MPhil) are the minimum requirements to apply to this NUS Law Doctoral Research Scholarships
- The Master’s degree in Law should have been awarded with minimum Upper Second Class Honours (or equivalent) and, preferably, with First Class Honours (or equivalent).
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required for all foreign applicants except those from English-medium institutions in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the UK, and the USA. We strongly prefer the internet-based TOEFL (iBT). A minimum score of 100 is required.
- Outstanding applicants in any area of law are strongly encouraged to apply. Prospective applicants are strongly encouraged to consult the Faculty Research Interests webpage which may be found at the site as well as the Doctoral Programme webpages which can be found at site.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications should be submitted via Online Application
Candidates apply via the online application form.
Registration for the 2017 program will open on 1 October 2016 (until 11 January 2017). Candidates will be informed about acceptance of their applications by March 10, 2017.
‣ Scholarship Applications Due Date: Candidates apply via the online application form (see ‘APPLY NOW’ banner on the right). Registrations for the 2018 program are being accepted from 3 October 2017 – 11 January 2018.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.