Makerere University in partnership with MasterCard Foundation offers scholarships to 1,000 academically bright but economically disadvantaged youth from Africa to study at Makerere University from 2013 to 2023.
Makerere University entered into a partnership with The MasterCard Foundation to offer a scholarship to 1000 bright youth from Africa to study at Makerere University from 2013 to 2024.
This is a project worth the US $20,989,965.15 implemented at Makerere University to develop the next generation of African Leaders and also to promote the strategic objectives of Makerere University and MasterCard Foundation in contributing to Africa’s higher education sector and development.
It implements the project under the leadership of the Makerere University Gender Mainstreaming Directorate. The Program recruits both national and international Scholars at the ratio of 90:10 respectively and female and male scholars at the ratio of 80:20 respectively.
Makerere University is Uganda’s largest and third-oldest institution of higher learning. Today, Makerere University is composed of 9 Colleges and one school offering programs for about 36,000 undergraduates and 4,000 postgraduates.
The Program offers comprehensive student support, that includes;
- Tuition and Functional fees
- Accommodation, Feeding, and stipend
- Laptop, books and other learning materials
- Transport to and from home
- Medical insurance
- Psychosocial support and mentoring of scholars
- Capacity building program for life skills development in ICT, Leadership, Gender, Human Rights, Communication, Entrepreneurship, and Financial Literacy.
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars at Makerere University will have six cohorts of Scholars with the first cohort of 50 Scholars.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Both female and male students who are qualified for first-year undergraduate admission to Makerere University.
- Economically disadvantaged students from African Countries.
- Academic Excellence, with more points, scored for students admitted for science disciplines
- A person with leadership experience or potential.
- Demonstrate Commitment to give back to the community.
- A person who is admitted on the basis of Uganda Certificate of Education results or its equivalent.
- Academically talented, must value learning and be driven to complete their education.
- Future leaders committed to embracing ethical leadership to improve the lives of others.
- Commitment to community service through previous and/or past engagements with community outreach activities
- Citizens and residents of all African countries.
- Applying to study in the preferred fields of Agriculture, Veterinary medicine, ICT, Health Sciences, Technology and Engineering, Law and Human rights and Business and Financial Management at Makerere University.
Level/Field of study
The scholarships are available for pursuing the undergraduate and postgraduate program in the field of
- Basic Sciences
- Mass Communication
- Veterinary Medicine
- Bachelor of Laws
- Human Medicine / Pharmacy
The scholarship is hosted by the Makerere University, Uganda.
Download Program Brochure – MCF Brochure
How do I get more information?
- Gender Mainstreaming Directorate Makerere University P O Box 7062 Kampala Email: email@example.com Tel: +256 414 540 184, +256 414 597 907
This scholarship is open to every academic year.
Makerere University Full MasterCard Scholarships-FAQs
What does MasterCard scholarship cover?
MasterCard Foundation Scholars receive a comprehensive scholarship equivalent to the costs associated with earning a Bachelors or Masters degree, which includes travel, tuition, Berkeley student fees, visa and SEVIS fees, housing, food, living expenses, and cohort signature programs which will focus on leadership
How do I get a MasterCard scholarship?
Carefully research the Program website of the university of your choice to learn the specific details about eligibility criteria, requirements, deadlines, and other application instructions.
Select the institution and program you want to apply to.
Prepare the necessary documents to submit.
- DAAD-RUFORUM In-Country/In-Region African Doctoral Scholarships
- MasterCard Foundation Scholarship in the University of British Columbia for African Students, Canada
- Ghanaian Universities and Their Official School Fees [Updated]
- MOSHAL SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM [UPDATED]
- 200 MasterCard Foundation Scholarships for African Students
- De Beers Bursary in South Africa
- 20 Best PhD Scholarships in Canada | Study Abroad
- Young Africans Social Entrepreneurship Fellowship (YASEF) Program
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. If no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and review our post, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.