JACKIE SHARP LAW SCHOLARSHIP at The University Of West Indies -Jamaica
The Jackie Sharp Law Scholarship is an annual bursary programme offered to qualified local University of the West Indies students who are pursuing a Law Degree in the UWI Faculty of Law:
Number of Award(s): One(1)
Maximum Tenure: One (1) Year
The Jackie Sharp law scholarship award is available to full time registered students who are:
- Pursuing a three (3) year degree programme
- Under 25 years of age
- Campion College alumni
Additionally, the Jackie Sharp law scholarship award will be based on:
- Outstanding academic record
- Demonstrable financial need
- Demonstrable community involvement and leadership qualities
Method of Selection
Selection of the Jackie Sharp law scholarship winner will be made by a Committee of evaluators from the UWI Faculty of Law and should include the Donor, in accordance with the criteria outlined in the Schedule which shall be read as one with the Agreement. The successful candidate shall not be the holder or recipient of any other scholarship covering tuition costs.
How To Apply
Download the application form here. Complete and return to the Office of Student Financing by the stipulated deadline.
Application shall be accompanied with the following documents:
- UWI application and acceptance letters;
- CAPE & CXC scores;
- high school transcript or UWI transcript (in the case of 2nd or 3rd year applicants)
- one page essay on the applicant’s educational goals;
- two character references;
- certified copy of birth certificate or registration certificate.
Deadline: OCTOBER annually