The Innovation, Cultural and Leadership Scholarship
The Innovation, Cultural and Leadership Scholarship is an annual merit-based award provided to a select number of newly admitted students with distinguished achievements in the following fields:
- Artistic and cultural activities such as music, singing, dancing, acting, drawing or writing.
- Scientific activities such as scientific innovation or significant scientific research.
- Community service activities such as extensive social work, significant community service projects or community leadership initiatives.
- Students who are awarded this scholarship receive up to 15 percent reduction in their tuition for a maximum of 15 credits per semester. Renewal is pending certain conditions.
To be eligible:
- You must be talented and have distinguished achievements in artistic and cultural activities such as music, singing, dancing, acting, drawing, writing or other related activities.
- You must submit official documents (from government, schools and other relevant organizations) proving your distinction in that particular activity.
- You must not be awarded any full-tuition scholarship from the University.
To renew your award you must:
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Continue to register as a full-time student (12 credit hours)
- Continue to be actively engaged in different programs (cultural and leadership activities) organized by the Office of Student Development
- Meet all other award terms stated in your award letter
Your documents and applications will be evaluated and you may be required to sit for an interview.
Complete an application through Banner Self-Service and submit supporting documents to the Student Service Center.
The scholarship application for Spring 2017 will be available for all degree-seeking undergraduates starting October 2, 2016 until November 3, 2016.
For application instructions and tips, click here.