If you are Kenyan and you would like to pursue a masters or a Ph.D. degree, why not do it in France? See these French Government Scholarships for Kenyan students 2020.
The Scholarships are mainly for Master and Ph.D. students with an excellent academic background. They can also be awarded to Kenyan staff members of national universities and research institutes in order to strengthen institutional capacities (Staff Exchange Program).
PhDs programs are funded for three months per year, during three consecutive years.
Currently, thirty-two scholarship holders are pursuing their studies in France. Travel and tuition will also be covered.
This programme aims at offering French expertise on scientific research and pedagogic engineering issues. The French Embassy funds or mobilizes external resources to launch assignments composed of French experts.
The programme involves scientific or thematic workshops whose objective is to strengthen the capacities of Kenyan partners.
The French Embassy wants to participate in the institutionalization of current scientific co-operation. It fosters the establishment of memorandums of understanding between Kenyan and French research and higher education institutions, not only by funding assignments but also by providing advice and support to Kenyan institutions.
The French Embassy supports the development of an Alumni network (AFRAKEN) that brings together former and current scholarship holders as well as former Kenyan students who studied in France for their Masters and PhDs.
What You Need To Know About The French government scholarships for Kenyans
This initiative aims at creating a social network between Kenyan scientists (sharing of experience, promotion of science in Kenya, implementation of multidisciplinary projects, participation in scientific capacity building workshops) and maintaining cordial relations with various French institutions.
LEVEL / FIELD OF STUDY
The scholarship is open for Masters and Ph.D. studies in France in the following field of study.
Applications from all academic disciplines will be considered. However, priority will be given to the topics listed below, in accordance with the Kenyan priorities (Vision 2030):
- Agricultural, veterinary and forestry sciences,
- Engineering Sciences and Technologies,
- Civil engineering;
- Medicine and Health Sciences;
- Energy (solar, wind, geothermal, oil mineral) resources;
- Science, technology, and innovation
This government scholarships for Kenyans is to be taken in France.
If you are an international student and you desire to study in the UK, Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in the UK
The scholarship is to be taken by Kenyans ONLY.
Aside from the government scholarships for Kenyans, there are other scholarships available to international students to study abroad. You can check our scholarship by country to access all scholarships available.
The scholarship includes:
- Round-trip airfare
- Monthly allowances (about 767 €)
For Masters scholarship holders: from September 2019 up to June 2020
For Ph.D. sandwich scholarship holders: 4 annual stays in France over a 3 to 4 year period from 2018, three of them of 3 months, and a fourth stay of a couple of weeks intended for the defense.
Staff exchange programme: from 1 up to 3 months (between January and December 2018).
- Facilitation of the access to affordable student housing ;
- Social and health insurance;
- Schengen visa fees;
- Tuition fees in French public universities;
- French classes at Alliance Française of Nairobi prior to departure and in between the stays of the Ph.D. (at reduced cost: 20 to 50%)
The French government scholarships for Kenyans Eligibility:
Who Can Apply?
- Students holding a Bachelor or Master Degree and willing to further their studies in France
- Members of staff of Kenyan Universities willing to strengthen their capacities by:
- Kenyan citizen
- Employer’s agreement (if any)
- A financial plan indicating co-funding (self-sponsoring, study leave, other scholarship)
- For programmes taught in the English language: good knowledge of French language or a letter of intent signed by the applicant’s commitment to follow French classes at Alliance Française prior to departure.
- For programmes taught in the French language: a minimum level of B2 in the French language is required.
- To have identified a relevant academic program and contact the French Host University.
How To Apply For The French government scholarships for Kenyans
Download the scholarships application form 2020. the scholarship category you are qualified for and follow the application process.
- Masters Scholarships Application Form 2020
- (PDF – 138.1 kb)
- Ph.D. Scholarships Application Form 2020
- (PDF – 88.2 kb)
DEADLINE: This scholarship is an annual scholarship Both soft and hard copies of the application must be submitted before Wednesday 28th February annually to
the Cooperation and Cultural Affairs Department of the Embassy of France in Nairobi:
For more information: https://ke.ambafrance.org/French-Government-Scholarships
WE ALSO RECOMMEND:
- Fully Funded French Embassy Master and Ph.D. scholarship program for South Africans
- Scholarships for Masters Programme in Institut français des Pays-Bas
- Chevening Scholarships for Tanzanian Students
- Faculty of Science and Engineering Academic Achievement Entry Scholarships in Australia
- Russian Government Scholarship for International Students
- MoBSE SCHOLARSHIPS IN GAMBIA
- APPLY: Humber International Entrance Scholarships
- Study In Belgium For International Students(5 tips)
- Rosa Luxemburg Foundation doctoral students Scholarship
- The Swedish Institute Study Scholarships for South Africa