Last updated on February 22nd, 2017 at 09:01 am
CHED Scholarships for Masters And PhD 2017
In line with efforts to support and develop the higher education sector during the K to 12 Transition Period, the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) announced today the opening of nominations for scholarships for graduate studies for academic year 2017-2018.
Higher Education institutions (HEIs), public and private, can now begin nominating their deloaded teaching and non-teaching personnel to full local scholarships for master’s or doctoral studies, in which P20,000 and P28,000 monthly living allowance will be provided, respectively, apart from the full coverage of tuition and other fees, among others.
Under CHED’s K to 12 Transition Program, Chairperson Patricia B. Licuanan is calling all HEIs, faculty, and staff to take full advantage of the scholarships, emphasizing that opportunities like this only come once-in-a-generation.
HEIs may nominate faculty member or non-teaching staff provided he/she meets the following eligibility criteria, courtesy of CHED.
- Must be a Filipino citizen and not more than 52 years of age for Master’s and 50 years old for Doctorate
- Must be fully or partially deloaded at the time of the scholarship, with a maximum teaching load of six (6) units for teaching personnel, or an equivalent of ten (10) hours of workload per week for non-teaching personnel.
- Has graduated and possesses a degree relevant to his/her nomination, from a CHED-recognized program from a recognized institution.
- For personnel applying for full scholarship, whether new or ongoing, shall pursue graduate studies in a CHED-approved program and Delivering HEI.
- Shall pursue a course that is aligned with his/her teaching specialization, or justified in terms of alignment to the SHEI’s strategic direction/goals, contribution to the discipline, or contribution to regional and national goals.
- Must be of good health and good moral character
- With strong academic record
- Has no pending criminal offense(s)
- Will pursue the degree as aligned with his/her specialization
- Will fulfill the TOS set forth at CMO No. 3 series of 2016
ONLINE APPLICATION CHED has updated the process of nominations for Graduate Education Scholarships (local) in the K-12 Transition Period as per CHED Memo Order No. 4, s. 2017 and CMO No. 3 and 36 series of 2016.
An online nomination site is being used in aim to increase the accessibility and efficiency of SHEIs to nominate and provide nominees easy venue for submitting necessary documentary requirements. The online nomination website can be accessed at online.chedk12.com. –