The Australia–APEC Women in Research Fellowships in partnership with Australian education and research institutions is providing financial support for high-achieving female researchers from developing APEC economies to pursue research opportunities at RMIT University.
This fellowship is to encourage the mobility of post-doctorate female researchers from the APEC region.
RMIT University is an Australian public research university in Melbourne, Victoria.
The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be in English.
Fellowships are available to pursue research opportunities in partnership with Australian education and research institutions.
Field of study:
The Fellowship is for female researchers from developing APEC economies who are emerging leaders in their field and are at the forefront of their research discipline.
All recipients will receive: Travel allowance: AU$3,000 for Asian economies and AU$4,500 for South American economies; Establishment allowance: AU$2,000; Monthly stipend: AU$3,000 and Monthly family allowance AU$1,200 if applicable.
To be taken in(Country):
Scholarship Number :
Each year up to ten fellowships will be awarded to facilitate a research project of between one and four months. Within the pool of successful recipients, two fellowships will be offered to early career researchers with less than five years’ of professional research experience.
Female citizen or permanent resident of one of the following eligible APEC economies: Chile, People’s Republic of China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Papua New Guinea, Peru, the Philippines, Thailand or Vietnam are eligible to apply.
Applicants must meet the following:
- Be a female citizen or permanent resident of one of the following eligible APEC economies: Chile, People’s Republic of China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Papua New Guinea, Peru, the Philippines, Thailand or Vietnam.
- Not be an Australian permanent resident.
- Have a PhD degree (conferred by 1 April 2018)
- Be available to commence program between 1 July 2018 and 31 December 2018.
- Provide all relevant supporting documentation in English.
- Obtain a nomination agreement with an Australian academic institution and/or organization.
- Not be undertaking research or training that leads to a formal qualification between 1 July 2018 and 31 December 2018
- The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be in English.
Ensure you have included all of these documents.
- Completed ‘Application Form’
- Completed ‘Applicant Sponsor Form’
- A copy of citizenship or permanent residency
- Academic transcripts
- 2 x Referee reports
- Evidence of support and language suitability from host.
- Research CV and list of publications
How to Apply:
Please send this application form and all supporting documents to Mr Kevin Nguyen at the Australian APEC Study Centre via email, fax or by post.