Are you a physician-scientists or a junior researcher? Would you want a sponsored fellowship for your postdoctoral research? The AP Giannini Foundation is here specifically for you.
The AP Giannini Foundation invites physician-scientists and junior researchers with 3 to 36 weeks of postdoctoral research experience to apply to the 2020 postdoctoral Research Fellowship Program. The Giannini Assistant program supports advanced research in the sciences and applied disciplines, and trains fellows to develop into based researchers.
The scientific study should progress the translation of biomedical science right into treatments, preventions, and treatments for human diseases.
- About the Sponsor: AP Giannini Foundation
- Host Nationality
- Level/Field of study
- Eligible Nationality for The Ap Giannini fellowship 2020.
- Scholarship Benefits:
- Conditions of A.P. Giannini Fellowship Award
- Scholarship Number:
- Eligibility for Ap Giannini fellowship 2020
- Ap Giannini postdoctoral fellowship Application 2020
- Application Deadline Ap Giannini fellowship 2020:
About the Sponsor: AP Giannini Foundation
A. P. has been also a distributor of hemophilia and focused on boosting the discovery and treatment for human illness. Based on his 75th birthday, May 6, 1945, he established and endowed the AP Giannini Foundation having an exclusive gift of almost $500,000 to encourage advanced research in the fundamental sciences and applied subjects.
Ap Giannini fellowship 2020 is hosted by The AP Giannini Foundation in the United States of America.
Level/Field of study
Ap Giannini fellowship covers post–doctoral courses
Eligible Nationality for The Ap Giannini fellowship 2020.
The ap Giannini fellowship is made available for students who are citizens of the USA. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
Stipend payments are sent directly to the sponsoring medical school and can be used only for salary support of the fellow. No deductions are allowed for benefits, departmental or institutional overhead.
The current stipends are $54,000 in Year 1, $55,000 in Year 2 and $56,000 in Year 3. The Foundation will announce the 2020 fellowship stipends by December 15, 2019.
Candidates may be eligible to obtain additional salary support from their sponsoring institution but cannot concurrently hold a full fellowship from another source or a federally funded career development award. Other income will not preclude favorable consideration.
Conditions of A.P. Giannini Fellowship Award
Fellows must comply with the following conditions of the fellowship award:
- Activate the fellowship between April 1 and December 1, 2020.
- Complete at least the first year of the fellowship before accepting another full fellowship.
- Attend the AP Giannini Foundation’s annual colloquium and career development workshops.
- Notify the AP Giannini Foundation promptly if their plans change and they are unable to continue the fellowship. The fellowship cannot be transferred to a different institution or mentor.
- Devote at least 80% of the time to research. Fellows may include time for clinical work.
- Send the A.P. Giannini Foundation a brief report at the end of the first, second and third years of the fellowship summarizing the progress of their research project and fellowship experience.
- Acknowledge the support of the A.P. Giannini Foundation in all published papers resulting from their research and provide the Foundation with one reprint of each publication.
The number of Ap Giannini postdoctoral fellowships opening is usually not specified.
Eligibility for Ap Giannini fellowship 2020
• Should Have finished a Minimum of half a year and no longer than three decades within their mentor’s lab on November 1, 2019
• has to be a U.S. citizen or permanent alien resident
• Need to carry or complete an MD, MD/Ph. Research training curriculum has to be supervised by a licensed California medical institution and conducted under the mentorship of a primary investigator (PI) at the medical institution.
Ap Giannini postdoctoral fellowship Application 2020
Candidates must download and print the 2020 Application Form to apply to the 2020 Postdoctoral Research Fellowship & Career Development Award Program. They should work with their prospective mentor and grants officer to prepare the application in advance of the deadline to avoid errors and omissions.
The 2020 application form and instructions are also available from the Foundation office.
- The candidate’s biosketch and bibliography of books
- A personal statement, not to exceed the 1-page Technical statement for non-scientific viewers in 300 words or less
- Need for a suggested search for non-scientific viewers, to not exceed 1 page
- A technical statement of the proposed study, not to exceed five Single Spaced pages (excluding bibliography)
- Mentor’s biosketch and record of former postdoctoral Trainers
- Mentor’s Letter of Recommendation (max of 4 pages)
- Nominees should send 1 copy of this form and supporting documents to:
A.P. Giannini Foundation Scientific Advisory Committee
57 Post Street, Ste. 5 10, San Francisco, CA 94104
All Letters of Reference has to be delivered to info-at-apgianninifoundation. org
Application Deadline Ap Giannini fellowship 2020:
The Ap Giannini fellowship 2020 is November 5, 2019.
The application ends November 5 annually.
Link to Additional info: here
For additional info, you can e-mail or call Ken and John Blum, Administrative Directors, in -LRB-415-RRB- 981-2966 or even info-at-apgianninifoundation. org.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can apply for AP Giannini Fellowship?
Applicants must be U.S citizens and must hold an MD or PhD.
What’s this fellowship worth?
The current stipends are $55,000 in Year 1, $56,000 in Year 2 and $57,000 in Year 3.
What’s the condition of Fellowship award?
– Activate the fellowship between April 1 and December 1, 2020.
– Complete at least the first year of the fellowship before accepting another full fellowship.
– Attend the Foundation’s annual colloquium and career development workshops.
– Notify the Foundation promptly if their plans change and they are unable to continue the fellowship.
– Devote at least 80% of time to research.
– Send the Foundation a brief report at the end of the first, second and third years of the fellowship summarizing the progress of their research and experience.
– Acknowledge the support of the A.P. Giannini Foundation in all published papers resulting from their research
When is the deadline for this application?
The Foundation will not accept applications received after November 5, 2019.
When will i be notified after my application submission?
The Scientific Advisory Committee evaluates all applications and will notify candidates of their status in the review process by January 27.
Just be sure to apply on time.
The application deadline is by November 5 the previous year.
During December and January, the Scientific Advisory Committee evaluates all applications and will notify candidates of their status in the review process by January 27, 2020. The Committee will interview finalists on March 12, 2020, and select the 2020 awardees.
Postdoctoral researchers are eligible to apply to the 2020 program if they have completed no less than 3 months and no more than 3 years in their mentor’s laboratory as of December 31, 2019.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program for African Countries
- Yale Young Global Scholarships At Yale University in the USA
- Yale Young African Scholars (YYAS) Program
- UCT and African MasterCard Foundation Scholarships in South Africa
- 120 MasterCard Foundation Scholars Sciences Po Program
- MASTERCARD FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP FOR KENYAN STUDENTS
- Fully Funded MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill University in Canada
- $8,000 Levine Scholarship Program
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, kindly share it with friends. Remember to leave a comment on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question.