If you’re interested in flying airplanes and jets or you have a huge interest in aviation, you can get a pilot training certificate with ease in 2020 with the AOPA Flight Training Scholarship Program. Learn more about these flight training for various levels of students and pilots in this post.
AOPA scholarships 2020 is available to 80 aviation-minded high school students age 15 to 18, and to 20 teachers dedicated to advancing aviation education in their classrooms. AOPA scholarship Program can aid you to trash One of the biggest challenge new pilots face which is the crash of the sticker.
Yes! To learn how to fly can be exciting and fun, but taking it up as a career requires early learning. flight training requires not just dedication to academics, but also enough cash to able you obtain a pilot’s license. It can cover the cost of any needed training, starting with a Private Pilot Certificate.
The Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) is awarded 100 AOPA scholarships of $10,000 each to scholars. These Scholars have been called upon to persuade them to use aviation in their classrooms whenever possible.
Moreso, these AOPA scholarships winners can use their rewards to pay for direct flight training costs for a Master Pilot Certificate. Fellows must achieve a flight training milestone within one year after receiving the award – either to win their first solo or receive a Master Pilot Certificate.
It is important to note that, Teachers applying for a scholarship must be full-time employees of a school. They can also come to be in a school system who work to prepare students for a future in aviation.
About the Sponsor: Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA)
The Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association is a Frederick, Maryland-based American non-profit political organization that advocates for general aviation. The organization started at Wings Field in Blue Bell, Pennsylvania. On 24 April 1932, The Philadelphia Aviation Country Club was founded at Wings Field.
In a nutshell, AOPA exists to serve the interests of its members as aircraft owners and pilots and to promote the economy, safety, utility and popularity of flying general aviation aircraft. In 1971, the organization acquired the Airport World magazine and moved to Bethesda, Maryland.
The association offers many programs which include the following:
- AOPA Foundation which is a philanthropic arm of AOPA
- GA Serves America
- Legal Services Plan/Pilot Protection Services
- Air Safety Institute
- AOPA Political Action Committee
More About the AOPA Scholarships 2020-2021
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. get the E-book for free by dropping your thought on the article in the comment box.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched scholarships you can utilize in 2020
- 2020/2021 Fully Funded Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2020-2021
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2020-2021
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2020-2021
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2020-2021
There are of different types of AOPA Scholarships 2020 which are for different categories of people ( students, teachers, and pilots). Detailed information about each of the AOPA scholarship program are given below
#1. AOPA High School Flight Training Scholarship
This AOPA scholarship program is part of the AOPA You Can Fly program, a collection of initiatives aimed at building a larger and more vibrant pilot community.
These grants are one of the major benefits of AOPA membership. They help members achieve their goals and enter the aerospace careers they’ve always dreamed of.
Scholars can use the money for direct flight training costs to obtain a Master Pilot Certificate.
Within one year of receiving a scholarship, they must achieve a flight training milestone, either on their own or with a major pilot license.
Before applying For this Flight Training Scholarship here are some helpful tips to complete your application:
- High School Transcript
- Contact information for both references
- list of school and extracurricular clubs and organizations you have attended since the first year, as well as all relevant leadership positions (especially those involved in aviation)
- A list of the honors and awards you received while attending clubs and organizations
- a number of volunteer organizations in which you participate, as well as all the awards and honors you have received for participating since your first year of study (especially those related to aviation).
- Your logbook (if available)
We strongly recommend that you read the terms and conditions and the frequently asked questions before completing your application.
#2. AOPA Teacher Flight Training Scholarship
This AOPA, You Can Fly program is awarded to up to 20 teachers. These teachers receive a $ 10,000 scholarship to earn their aviation certificates, such as a private pilot certificate, sports pilot certificate or recreational pilot.
To be eligible for this AOPA Scholarship program, a teacher must be an AOPA member and a full-time employee of a school or school system that prepares students for a future in aviation.
Eligibility For AOPA Teacher Flight Training Scholarship
Scholarship applicants* must meet all the following criteria:
- Must currently be instructing students or providing a curriculum to teachers for students in preparation
for a future in aviation.
- Not have completed an FAA check-ride previously for a primary pilot certificate at the time of
- Be the teacher of record for students or have direct supervision over curriculum and instruction
- Provide a letter from his or her school verifying their employment in a school or school system during
the 2018-19 school year and signed by a district administrator. If a district administrator is applying,
the letter needs to be signed by another administrator employed by the same school system.
We strongly recommend that you read the frequently asked questions people do ask before completing your application.
#3. AOPA Primary Flight Training Scholarship
- Be at least 16 years of age by the time the application closes. There are no exceptions to this; if you will not be 16 years old by April 2, 2020, then you are not eligible to apply.
- Secondly, Hold a current FAA Student Pilot Certificate at the time of application or have a pending Student Pilot
Certificate application in IACRA.
- Not have completed the FAA practical test/check-ride at the time of application.
We strongly encourage you to read the eligibility requirements and frequently asked questions before completing your application.
#4. AOPA Advanced Rating Scholarship
General Eligibility for AOPA Scholarships
To be able to apply for any of the AOPA scholarships above, candidates must be:
- A Current member of AOPA at both the time of application and when the scholarship is awarded. (Not a
member? AOPA offers free six-month membership for student pilots, an introductory membership, as
well as other membership options.
- U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident
- Currently be a paid, full-time employee of a school or school system
- Not have completed the FAA practical test/check-ride for the desired additional rating at the time of application.
AOPA Scholarships 2020-2021 Application Deadline
Applications for AOPA Scholarships 2020-2021 has closed for the year. It opened on January 4, 2020, and closed at 11:59 p.m., EDT on April 2, 2020.
Check out some of our post on Aviation
- 15 Best Aviation Colleges In The World
- Women in Aviation (WIA) International Scholarships for International Students
- 11 Best PhD Scholarships for Aviation Students
- 19 Undergraduate Scholarships For Aviation Students
- AFCEA War Veterans Scholarships
- Will Boles Shortlisted in the 23 Man nation for Aviation Scholarships
Are you interested in learning to fly or becoming a pilot? Check out these AOPA Scholarships 2019. A AOPA Scholarship program can really be of great help.