Appplications are currently ongoing for the African Leadership Academy and Mastercard Foundation Sponsored Programme called the Anzisha Prize 2018. The programme is designed for young African Business owners, with a topnotch Idea that can tranform community growth in Africa.
The Anzisha Prize 2018 is an Opportinity for Africans aimed at building capacity in the young businesses with potentials to lead the African Market and also commitment to satisfy the unquenching desires of the growing African population.
Application are invited from all African Countries or from Applicants with African origin.
African Leadership Academy seeks to transform Africa by developing a powerful network of over 6,000 leaders who will work together to address Africa’s greatest challenges, achieve extraordinary social impact, and accelerate the continent’s growth trajectory.
Africa’s greatest need is ethical and entrepreneurial leadership. Too often, we only invest in addressing the symptoms of poor leadership in Africa: we give blankets, food, and medicine to those impacted by war, poverty, and famine. But these efforts will never stop unless we develop leaders who prevent wars, entrepreneurs who create jobs, and innovators that develop lasting solutions to the root causes of Africa’s problems. We aim to develop the future Nelson Mandela, the next Wangari Maathai, and the African Bill Gates.
All African Countries are Eligible. Apply now.
Prize to be Won:
Value of the Fellowship – Additional investment of $8,000/ $10,000 in each Fellow
- Monetary Reward of a shared amount of $100,000
- $2,000 access to a world- renowned Entrepreneurial Leadership curriculum and training with the potential for further investment based on engagement and performance
- $2,500 worth of rewards from consulting and mentorship services
- $2,000 worth of rewards from Global speaking events or Experts in Residence support
- $1,000 worth of rewards from Regional Indabas across the continent
- You must be between 15 and 22 years old with an ID document or Passport to present as evidence. Anyone born before April 16, 1994 or after April 16, 2001 will not be considered.
- You must be a national of an African country with a business based in Africa for African customers/ beneficiaries.
- Your business must be up and running. The Anzisha Prize is not for great ideas or business plans – you must have already started, and be able to prove it! You have time to get started now and have tangible results to share before applications open.
- Your business, invention or social project can be in any field or industry (science and technology, civil society, arts and culture, sports, etc.). Any kind of venture is welcome to apply.
- Individuals who apply must be one of the founding members of a business (for example, 2 or 3 co-founders who started a business together). One person can apply for the Prize, on behalf of the team.
- Already Running Venture: Is the venture established with customers and beneficiaries? Does the venture deliver value to said beneficiaries and customers?
- Founder-led: Is the venture led and managed by the founder?
- Impact: Has the venture demonstrated some impact already?
- Scalability: If the venture is a for-profit business, does it already earn revenues and does it have potential increase revenues with the support of Anzisha? If the venture is a not-for-profit enterprise, does it already reach beneficiaries and does it have the potential to reach many more beneficiaries with support from Anzisha?
- Job Creation: Has the venture created some jobs and has the potential to create more high quality jobs?
How to Apply
You’re taking your first step to join our support network and stand a chance of winning a share of $100,000 to grow your business. Thank you for sharing your business or project with us!
In order to complete your application you will need to have the following documents ready:
- A copy of your ID (Identification Document)
- Company registration documents (if your venture is registered)
- Logos for your venture/project
- Pictures of your project
- A photo of yourself
Click Here to download Full Guide to the Anzisha Prize 2018
Note that you can save your application at any stage, and return later to complete the questions. If you need help, email us on [email protected].
March 31st 2018.