Applications are invited for Andree Carter Scholarship for masters students at The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine to pursue MSc program.
This Scholarship is to support an excellent candidate who would be unable to take up a place of study without this financial support.
About The Andree Carter MSc Scholarship At LSHTM
London School’s mission is to be a world-leading school of public and global health, working closely with partners in the UK and worldwide to address contemporary and future critical health challenges.
The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is a world-leading center for research and postgraduate education in public and global health.
Level/Field of Study
The scholarship is open to applicants intending to study on a one-year, full-time, London-based MSc program at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine.
The scholarship is hosted in the UK.
The scholarship is open to students from low to middle-income countries.
The scholarship will cover:
- 2021 tuition fees, including any mandatory field trip fees, and
- A tax-free stipend (living allowance) of GBP16,750.00, and
- An MSc summer project allowance of GBP 2,000.00.
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this Andree Carter Masters Scholarship, applicants must
- Be nationals of, and resident in, low to middle-income countries (as defined by the World Bank); and
- intend to return to a low to a middle-income country on completion of their MSc year at the School; and
- confirm in writing that they would not otherwise be able to pay for the proposed programme of study; and
- Meet the School’s minimum English language requirements (as required by the School’s Admissions system); and
- Hold a first degree at either a first or upper second class equivalency level; and
- Hold an offer of admission for 2019-20 from the School for one of the eligible MSc programmes of study (please see application notes below for eligible courses).
English Language Requirements: It is essential that all students should have an adequate command of the English language to benefit from studies at the School. Once you have submitted your application the Admissions Team will check your English language ability. For further details please read the English Language Requirements.
How to Apply: Applicants should complete both steps below by the scholarship deadline.
Step 1: Submit an application for 2021 for an eligible MSc program of study, as per instructions under the ‘How to Apply’ tab on the relevant program of study page. Applicants should ensure that all necessary supplementary admissions documents (including references) are submitted via the School’s Admissions Portal by the scholarship deadline.
Step 2: Submit an online scholarship application, selecting this scholarship option 2021 Scholarships (Andrée Carter & John Stephenson) from the drop-down menu. A completed Supplementary Questions Form for this scholarship must be uploaded as part of this application.
This is the only attachment required in Step 2 (as applicants should have already submitted references, transcripts, and a CV as part of their application for study).
The deadline for submission for the Andree Carter Scholarship for masters students falls on February annually.
- Nutrition for Global Health MSc Scholarships for Developing Countries in UK
- Commonwealth Eye Health Consortium Masters Scholarships for Commonwealth Countries
- Johnson & Johnson Global Mental Health Fellowships in UK
- Mansfield Anders & Avebury Memorial Fund at LSHTM in UK
- University of Lincoln Masters Scholarships for Ghanaian