The Advocacy Director (AD) for the Americas at Amnesty International USA works on influencing policy, creating strategies, and promoting human rights for the Americas. This internship reports directly to the AD and provides support and experience in: developing and implementing advocacy strategies and tactics, contact with governmental bodies and officials, conducting legislative research, writing and editing skills, managing databases, analyzing emerging areas of relevant law and government policy, tracking the progress of legislation in the United States Congress, and learning about the international human rights framework.
The internship is unpaid. It can be part-time or full time for the Summer 2020 term.
Check official website.
- Having or currently working towards a bachelor’s degree
- Commitment to and interest in human rights and social justice
- Understanding of the Latin America and the Caribbean regions
- Ability to conduct Congressional research
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactive problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Amnesty International
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Commitment to diversity
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Positive attitude
- Ability to be a team player
- Passion for campaigning on specific cases of human rights abuse
- Spanish language skills are a plus
Eligible Regions: Open for All.
Click on the link below to apply for this role. As a part of your application, please upload a combined PDF that includes your resume, cover letter, and contact information for two references.