In order to promote the profession of naval engineering and to encourage college students to enter in the field, The American Society of Naval Engineers is offering its “ASNE Scholarship Program”. The program is open to undergraduate and graduate students who are interested in pursuing an education and career in naval engineering. The mission of the program is to help the naval engineering community stay up-to-date and informed. A combination of undergraduate scholarships ($3,000 per year) and graduate scholarships ($4,000 per year) are awarded each academic year.
The American Society of Naval Engineers (ASNE) is the leading professional engineering society for engineers, scientists, and allied professionals. It also serves the educators who train the professionals, researchers who develop related technology and students who are preparing for the profession.
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
- Scholarships are limited to support during the last academic year of undergraduate education or during one year of graduate education leading to an advanced degree in an accredited college or university.
- Undergraduate- candidates must be full-time students enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours
- Undergraduate applicants must be in a 4-year Bachelor degree program.
- All undergraduate applicants must be taking an accredited degree program.
- Undergraduate candidates do not have to be a member of ASNE to apply.
- Graduate- students must be full-time students enrolled in a minimum of 9 credit hours.
- Graduate applicants must be in accredited programs or be in a program at an accredited college.
- Graduate candidates must be a member of ASNE to apply for a scholarship. Student membership applications can be submitted with the scholarship application.
- A minimum size 12pt font is required when typing in the text box
- Engineering studies applicants must be enrolled in ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology) accredited programs.
- Science studies applicants must be accredited by the appropriate agency or organization, e.g., MSCHE (Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools).
- Eligible programs of study for ASNE scholarships include- (Naval architecture, Marine engineering, Ocean engineering, Mechanical engineering, Structural engineering, Civil engineering, Environmental engineering, Aeronautical engineering, Electrical engineering, Electronic engineering, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering Technology, Applied Mathematics and Physics, Other relevant professions as accepted by the ASNE Scholarship Committee)
How to Apply:
For the ASNE scholarship, the interested applicant can download the application form from the given link:
- Three letters of recommendations (letters of recommendation must be on college/university or business letterhead)
- Official transcripts
- The complete application with all materials should be emailed to scholarships-at-navalengineers.org
- The original letters may be delivered by the postal service or a courier service depending on the preference of the originator, directly to:ASNE (Attn: Scholarships, 1452 Duke Street, Alexandria, VA 22314)
Finical Aid and Award Money:
- The scholarship award amounts are $3,000 for undergraduate students and $4,000 for graduate students.
- The award is made payable to the student and the college/university, for deposit in the student’s college/university account. 50% of the award is dispensed in the Fall. The remaining 50% is dispensed in the spring.
The submission deadline for the ASNE Scholarship is March 1, 2017.
Link for More Information: