The Moroccan Agency of International Cooperation (AMCI) is glad to announce its scholarships for foreign students for the next academic session known as the AMCI Scholarships For International Students at Moroccan Public Institutions. These scholarships are open to all levels of study.
THE ‘AMCI grants scholarships each year to foreign students pursuing their higher education in Morocco. To benefit from the AMCI scholarship, you need to have at least a bachelor’s degree or equivalent recognized diploma and continue his studies in a Moroccan public institution, which will be sanctioned by a state diploma at the end of the course.
The aim of the scholarships is to strengthen the bond with international students.
Candidates wishing to benefit from this scholarship must submit their application files to the competent authorities of their countries for transmission to theAMCI.
ABOUT THE SPONSORS:
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation is the foreign affairs ministry of Morocco, responsible for implementing Morocco’s foreign policy and ensuring relations with foreign states.
Purpose of the AMCI grant:
The AMCI scholarship for foreign students in Morocco is a supplementary grant that aims to provide additional resources. Its amount is 750 Dirhams per month, regardless of the study cycle, the nature of the training and its duration.
The payment of the scholarship is made at the counters of the Agencies of the Banque Centrale Populaire network throughout the Kingdom on presentation of the beneficiary’s passport. The foreign student will not benefit from the AMCI scholarship only if he shows up regularly in the establishment where he is registered.
Thus, more than 8,000 foreign students have benefited from the scholarships of the Kingdom of Morocco for the year 2016/2017 through the AMCI, and 75% of African students of the AMCI are scholars.
What you Need To Know About AMCI Scholarships For International Students
The AMCI scholarships are awarded annually:
- within the framework of the cooperation agreements between the Government of the Kingdom of Morocco and the Governments of the brotherly and friendly countries;
- as part of the Moroccan bursary offer notified to the beneficiary countries.
- The training scholarship is awarded to the student holding, at least, a bachelor’s degree or a recognized equivalent diploma, to pursue a graduate or vocational training course, in a Moroccan public institution, with a diploma of State.
The scholarship offers relate exclusively to the current year. Unused scholarship quotas and unused scholarships for the same year may not be carried over or accumulated in the following budget years.
LEVEL/ FIELD OF STUDY
- Category A (institutions of regular access)
- Category B (institutions of open access)
- Category C (introductory courses in French)
Scholarship can be taken in Morocco
Morocco is a welcoming destination however there are a few things that must be done in preparing for your trip. Most travelers who want to visit Morocco can do so without applying for a visa if your trip will not exceed three months. However, is it essential that all travellers arrive with a passport that is valid for at least six months from the time you enter Morocco.
What Morocco Travel documents will be required?
In order to enter Morocco:
- Your passport must be valid for six months following date of entry.
- Registration form in an academic Program in Morocco.
- No visa required for stay up to three months for North Americans and Europeans.
- Tickets and Documents for return or onward travel.
- Vaccination: International Certificate of Vaccination for Yellow Fever required if arriving from infected area within five days.
Please Note: Entry visas are only valid for three months; visitors that wish to stay longer should apply at the local police station within fifteen days of arrival. For other visa enquiries you should contact the Embassy.
Foreign applicants are eligible for these scholarships. That is to say the scholarship is open to non-citizens of morocco .
Scholarships will cover the followings:
- The training grant is an extra scholarship. Its allowance does not imply in any way, a support of the registration fees, accommodation, transportation and other charges inherent to the pursuit of studies, which remain on the responsibility of the student.
- The amount of the scholarship is of 750 Dirham per month (approximately U.S $75) and is granted principally for 12 month period per academic year (from September to August). This amount may be subject to possible levies (University Accommodation fee…)
- Scholarship students who graduated from Master degree or Doctorate (PhD), can benefit from a flat rate on printing theses expenses from an aid at the expenses of printing of their memoirs or theses, subject to the submission to the AMCI of a copy of their work, of a certified true copy of the diploma or the certificate of completion of training.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
AMCI Scholarships For International Students Eligibility:
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
Undergraduate students (Bachelor degree):
- The applicants must be bearers of the baccalaureate (high school diploma) of the year 2018 or 2017 with the grades: “Very Good”, “Good” or “Fairly Good”, knowing that some institutions require the baccalaureate of the inscription year.
- The age requirement varies between 19 and 23 years, according to the academic establishments.
Master and PhD:
- The applicants for admission to graduate studies (Masters) must be bearers of a Pni;her education degree (bac+ 3) in the requested subjects/ specialities of studies with, at the arade “Good”.
- The applicants for admission to PhD must be bearers of a Master degree in the requested subjects/specialities of studies or a higher studies diploma that is recognized as being equivalent to_grant access to the desired training.
- Candidates for Masters or PhD must specify the subject and the requested university. For this purpose, they are invited to check the website of the Department of Higher Education: www .enss u p. go v. m a, and those of Moroccan universities.
- The applicants’ files that meet the general admission requirements are submitted, for attribution, to the pedagogic and scientific commissions of the desired training institutions.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous year degree.
English Language Requirement: Applicants should be proficient in English.
How to Apply ForAMCI Scholarships For International Students:
Applicants can apply by post.
- Application form, that is available for download from the website of AMC! www.amci.malfcf.pdf, and duly completed.
- Two copies of the diploma or success certificate of the baccalaureate. The applicants submitting their success certificates must provide their diplomas to their institutions during the 2ndyear of the training, at the latest.
- 2 certified copies of the baccalaureate examination results
- 2 copies of birth certificate
- 2 copies of passport (if available)
- Recent judicial record
- Medical certificate issued by the Public Health Services show, the physical aptitude of the applicant and certifying that he is vaccinated and not suffering from any contagious illness or carrying a pandemic Like tuberculosis. The candidate might go for another examination on his arrival to Morocco.
- 2 recent identity photographs, in colour. (with the name, surname and nationality of the candidate written on the back)
- Applicants for Master and PhD degrees must provide, in addition to the above documents, certified true copies of their diplomas, grade transcript .and continuing education programs as well as a copy of dissertation/thesis of graduation /thesis project for PhD degree.
- Sending of agreed applications to AMCI through diplomatic channels; otherwise, they will not be considered.
Application Deadline: The deadline for reception of nominations is usually fixed for August do well to follow the link below to confirm the date .