AMBUCS Scholarships for Therapy Students 2019 – USA
The Ambucs scholarships are available to therapy students in their junior/senior year in a bachelor’s degree program or a graduate program. The scholarships are administered by National AMBUCS, Inc., a not-for-profit charitable organization with a diverse membership dedicated to inspiring mobility & independence.
National AMBUCS is a 501c3 charitable organization and owner of Amtryke. The organization has provided over 30,000 Amtrak to riders across America. National AMBUCS has fostered a very special relationship with therapists throughout its near century of existence.
In recognition of this fact, AMBUCS has given nearly $9 Million in educational scholarships to students pursuing degrees in physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech-language pathology, and hearing audiology. Additionally, all of the approximately 3,500 Amtrykes given away charitably each year are recommended by a physical or occupational therapist.
Their Amtryke Adaptive Tricycle Program aims to provide access to all the classic benefits of riding a bike: mobility, strength, exercise, coordination, interaction with family and friends, and pure fun. Amtryke makes foot trykes, hand trykes, and hand & foot trykes in a wide range of sizes — all at a low-cost.
Many riders not previously considered capable of riding a bike will be successful in riding an Amtryke. This is because most of Amtryke bikes employ a fixed drive, or ‘fixie,’ which doesn’t allow coasting. Thus, whenever the tryke is in motion, the pedals are in motion for full therapeutic effect.
It also works on a mechanical level to help a rider make a full pedal rotation. Also, Amtryke makes classic foot pedaled trykes, ones that can be peddled with just the hands and others that are pedaled using both hands and feet. Most importantly, their trykes are designed to look like bikes, not medical equipment, and to be age appropriate.
The Amtryke Road Show brings a trailer full of trykes and adaptive equipment to clinics and other groups interested in learning more. AMBUCS generally do in-service training for therapists, often followed by a Bike Day where they help therapists fit their clients to riding solutions. This Road Show is free.
AMBUC diverse membership, currently around 5,000 members spread throughout over 155 chapters in more than 30 states in the U.S – and is still growing. Local AMBUCS chapters work on the grassroots level to fundraise for those with financial need, while the National Wish List provides financial assistance where no chapter is present.
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. Read through for eligibility on how to get our scholarship ebook for free.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched scholarships you can utilize in 2019
- 2019/2020 Fully Funded Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2019-2020
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2019-2020
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2019-2020
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2019-2020
Don’t miss any of these Scholarship opportunities. You can open any of these opportunities on a new tab
AMBUCS Scholarship Program for Therapy Students in the USA
Applications are invited for AMBUCS scholarship available to students pursuing degrees in physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech pathology, and audiology.
Since 1955, National AMBUCS, Inc. has awarded scholarships to students pursuing degrees in physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech-language pathology, and hearing audiology. They have offered more than $8.7 million in scholarships to over 15,000 students. Over $150,000 is awarded annually with individual awards ranging from $500 to $1,500. There is one two-year award in the amount of $6,000. Award monies are deposited into the student’s credit account with the financial aid office of the educational institution.
Level/Field of Study
AMBUCS Scholarships are awarded in one of the following areas of study:
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech-Language Pathology
- Hearing Audiology.
- Assistant or undergraduate programs are not eligible.
Create Real Impact Scholarship are taken in the United States of America. International Scholarships are available for International students wishing to study abroad in any country. You can also check our scholarship by country category for more scholarship updates.
Only the United States citizens may apply for this Create Real Impact contest scholarship. I will recommend you check 15 Important Tips on Winning a Scholarship.
Over $150,000 is awarded annually with individual awards ranging from $500 to $1,500.
Eligibility for AMBUCS Scholarships
To be eligible for an AMBUCS scholarship:
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States
- Applicant must document financial need via the Student Aid Report (SAR) for the current school year. Students receive a SAR when they submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Applicant must be accepted in a junior or senior undergraduate or graduate level program in one of the following areas of study: Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech-Language Pathology, Hearing Audiology (Please note: Students in assistants’ programs are not eligible).
- Program to which the student is accepted must present a curriculum accredited by the appropriate health/therapy profession authority.
- Applicant must express intent to enter clinical practice in the chosen field of therapy in the United States upon completion of the course of study for which aid is requested.
- Awards are based on financial need, commitment to the local community, character for compassion and integrity, and career objectives.
National AMBUCS, Inc. accepts applications for its scholarship program from March 5 until May 4, annually. Students must submit all portions of the application before the May 4 deadline.
How to Apply for AMBUCS Scholarships 2019
To be considered for a scholarship from National AMBUCS, you must submit an online application. Visit – https://www.123contactform.com/form-1112650/Scholarship-Application-Form. The online application will allow students to save their work and return at a later time.
In addition to the filling out of general information, the student will be required to upload:
- Their FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) SAR (Student Aid Report). Visit – https://fafsa.ed.gov/. Students receive a SAR when they submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Proof of enrolment into an accredited program.
- A one-page personal statement.
FAFSA: It is important to note that the taxes of whoever is financially supporting the student must be filed before the FAFSA can be filled out. Also, it takes several weeks for the SAR to be delivered, Therefore, students should plan ahead so you can meet the May 4 deadline.
To apply for this scholarship, students must fill out the FAFSA and supply National AMBUCS with their SAR; even if they don’t wish to apply for Federal aid. Students can choose to accept or decline any aid offer made by the government. Past the eligibility requirements, financial need is the first hurdle every applicant must pass (including those that are chapter sponsored).
Proof of Enrolment: Students should please upload a document from their registrar’s office confirming their enrolment (It could be available somewhere on their school’s student portal). The registrar’s office may not be willing to give students proof of enrolment at an early stage if it is their first year. In that case, students may upload their acceptance letter.
Tips on writing your personal statement: The statement should be one page, double-spaced and at least 10-point font, and just as the name specified, it should be ‘personal.’ Students should refrain from telling about how the school is expensive and long and all the other things that are true for every single applicant. Tell instead about what sort of therapist you want to be and why as well as any volunteerism (especially serving people with challenges to mobility or independence – through AMBUCS or other organizations).
AMBUCS Scholarships Application Deadline
AMBUCS Scholarships application deadline is usually on 4th May annually
AMBUCS Scholarships Application Link
Eligibility for winning our scholarship ebook
Get our Scholarship Ebook for free now, indicate interest in the comment section and the Ebook will be sent to you. This offer is for the first 50 people.
We recommend other scholarship opportunities.
- International Ambassador Scholarships at UWL in UK, 2019
- International Ambassador Scholarships at University of West London
- 50 international ambassador scholarships at University of West London in UK, 2019
- University of St Andrews, School of Management International Ambassador Scholarships Scheme in UK, 2019
- Education USA Scholars Program 2019 for Rwandan Students
- Employment-Based Scholarship by Higher Education Authority, Ireland, 2019
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
World Scholarship Forum
- APPLICATION LINK
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- SCHOLARSHIP WORTH
The Ambucs scholarships are available to therapy students in their junior/senior year in a bachelor’s degree program or a graduate program. See detailed information on Application procedures and deadline.