Allan Gray is glad to announce that the application is currently ongoing for the Allan Gray Bursaries in South Africa 2020 for new applicants. If you are a South African Student this could be the lifetime opportunity you have been waiting to push your academics further.
Allan grey tries to assist financially aspiring students to finish their high school education by setting qualifying candidates at their partner placement schools.
Candidates who show an advanced small business potential that may prove that they want financial aid will likely be required for these bursaries.
This bursary program helps pupils develop their full potential to become successful responsible entrepreneurs with a passion.
Entrepreneurial programs will probably be provided to successful applicants to supply them with an even stronger beginning in life.
Allan grey knows that every candidate is exceptional in a way and comes from different unique backgrounds but they intend to provide each with the skills needed to become educated members of society that can start and run a business successfully. They offer unique opportunities for South African students as well as students from Swaziland and Botswana.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched scholarships
- 2020 Fully Funded Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2020
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2020
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2020
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2020
What you need to know
Bursaries applications can be submitted throughout the year, as some of these bursaries do not have an appointed time of closing date, but for candidates applying Allan Gray Bursaries are urged to send their applications ahead of time, so it reaches them before the closing date.
Level/Field of Study
The bursaries available are dependent on the space they have available in each province.
The schools in each province that are partner placement schools are as follows:
- St Cyprians
- Rustenburg Girl’s High School
- Rondebosch Boy’s High School
- Clarendon Girls’ High School
- Selborne High School College
- Grey High School
- Collegiate High School for Girls
Kwa Zulu Natal
- Epworth independent High School
- Michael House
- Pietermaritzburg High School for Girls
- St Mary’s High School in Waverly
- St Alban’s High School College
- St Andrew’s Girls’ High School
- King Edward VII High School
This Scholarship is to be taken in SOUTH AFRICA. If you are an international student and you wish to study in the UK, this is for your Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
The Bursary is open to all South African students to study in any of the country’s universities.
Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
Bursaries cover the following within its terms:
- Full High School tuition fees
- Boarding fees where applicable
- Allowance for the needed books
- Allowance for the needed stationary
- Allowance for school uniforms
- Allowance for private clothes
- Allowance for traveling if deemed necessary
- Allowance for Extra activities at the school
- Pocket money
They do try and place students in their own provinces but the available space does not always allow this and the child needs to know that they might be placed in another province.
Allan Gray Bursary Eligibility Requirements
Candidates who want to be considered need to adhere to the following conditions and necessities:
- Grade six pupil in the current year
- Have an overall average of 70% or higher
- Have an average for English of 70% or higher
- Have an average for Mathematics of 70% or higher
- Have an average for Literacy of 70% or higher in the Annual National Assessments (ANA)
- Have an average for Numeracy of 70% or higher in the Annual National Assessments (ANA)
- The candidate will be required to provide proof of the need for financial assistance
- Candidate must be a South African citizen
- All required documentation needs to be certified.
Candidates need to reveal the following characteristics as well:
- Pupils who are inventive and highly resourceful shows Intellectual Imagination
- Pupils who are brave/gutsy, as well as determined/resolute, shows Courageous Commitment
- Pupils who are equipped to address change and yield action shows Personal Initiative
- Pupils who love to make an effect on others and make changes shows a Spirit of Significance
- Pupils who set high academic, as well as non-academic principles for themselves show Achievement Excellence
Allan Gray Bursaries Application
To be eligible for this bursary a pupil needs to follow the selection process guidelines as follow:
- Complete the application form
- Attach the following certified copies to your application form
- Birth Certificate / ID Book / Passport for the applicant
- ID Documents for both parents / guardians
- If needed the Death certificate of parent/guardian
- Grade 5 end results
- Grade 6 mid-year results
- Annual National Assessment (ANA) results with school stamp on for Grade 6
- Proof of latest income slip or statement for both parents/guardians
- If the parents/guardians own a business income statements must be provided
- If the parents/guardians own a business 3 months bank statements will also be required
- If parents/guardians are un-employed an original affidavit needs to be provided with reasons for being unemployed
- Signature of both parents/guardians is required on the application form
If the form is incomplete or all the required documentation is not supplied the application will be unsuccessful.
- Candidate will be placed on a shortlist and notified of the interview time and date
- Candidates on the shortlist will also receive an invitation to attend a two-day selection camp
- Recommendations will then be made of candidates to the placement schools
- Finally, the bursary will be awarded and candidates will be required to sign a memorandum of agreement with the foundation as well as the placement school.
Forms and inquiries can be e-mailed to the following sections email@example.com this is for Grade 6 pupils or firstname.lastname@example.org Grade 12 or 1st-year students. For more information on their Fellowship program or their Scholarship program visit these pages online.
The closing date for applications is the beginning of September each year and candidates are asked to refrain from faxing or e-mailing application forms. You can, however, obtain an application form via SMS and you will also receive notifications about the progress of your application via SMS so it is also of utmost importance to include a cell phone number on your application.
To receive an application form you can simply SMS ‘SCHOLAR’, as well as ‘YOUR FAX NUMBER’ to 36777 and an application will be faxed to you.
Applicant’s approval is completely up to the Allan Gray Scholarship Foundations discretion. The foundation is also not obliged to give any details about unsuccessful applications.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- Deloitte Bursary in South Africa 2020
- Truworths Bursary 2020 in South Africa
- Danish Government Scholarship at University of Southern Denmark 2020
- Shoprite Bursaries in South Africa 2020
- Unilever Bursary South Africa 2020 [Updated]
- Fully funded Interdisciplinary Bilateral Master Scholarships in South Africa 2020
- Nedbank Bursary South Africa 2020 [Updated]
- Mercedes-Benz Bursary in South Africa 2020
- NRF Masters and Doctoral Scholarships in South Africa, 2020
- Engen Petroleum Bursaries in South Africa 2020