The University of Alberta is delighted to announce the kick off of the applications for the Alexander Rutherford Scholarship Program, for only Canadian students who are living in Alberta at the time of application. The Alexander Rutherford Scholarship will support post-secondary studies. Application should be made online through the link below.
Up to $2,500 will be given to the winning students.
Level and Area of Studies
Post-secondary studies in any field.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Canada.
Eligibility and Criteria
All applicants are required to satisfy the given criteria as follow:
- Be a Canadian Citizen, a Permanent Resident of Canada or Protected Person under Canada’s Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, at the start of your post-secondary studies.
- Visa students are not eligible.
- Be an Alberta resident at the time of application. You or your parent(s)/legal guardian must have resided in Alberta at least 12 consecutive months prior to starting post-secondary studies.
- Applicants are not eligible to receive a scholarship with respect to any grade unless your parent(s)/legal guardian were a resident in Alberta throughout the whole of that grade.
- Have completed high school on or after September 30, 1980.
- Be enrolled in, or have completed 60% of a full course load in a post-secondary or an apprenticeship program of at least one semester in length.
Only Canadian citizens are invited to apply.
Application should be submitted through the website and application link below.
Apply online when your final high school marks are available and when you are enrolled in full-time post-secondary studies.