The Alaska World Affairs Council Student Scholarship
The Alaska World Affairs Council is pleased to announce its scholarship programs that will be will be based on community involvement, character, leadership, academic ability, and financial need. The scholarship is open to current Alaskan high school seniors who will be attending college or university in Alaska starting fall 2017. The scholarship intended to help those students who have academic ability and financial need. Two scholarships will be awarded. The scholarship amount is $2,500.
The Alaska World Affairs Council is a focused educational organization dedicated to stimulating interest in world affairs and inspiring its members to be involved in world events. The council was founded in 1958 by the late Evangeline Atwood with the conviction that better community education in world affairs is necessary for sound democratic citizenship.
Students must also meet the following criteria:
- High School Senior – must be currently enrolled in an accredited public or private Alaska high school.
- Citizenship – must be a resident of Alaska.
- Applications will be scored based on these factors:
- 20% Community Involvement (personal essay, activities, and letters of recommendation)
- 20% Character and Leadership (letters of recommendation and demonstrated activities)
- 20% Academics (GPA and test scores)
- 20% Economic Need (FAFSA and tax returns)
- 20% Merit of Personal Essay
How to Apply:
To be applying for the scholarship, the applicants must download the form through the given link:
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Two scholarships will be awarded. The scholarship amount is $2,500 and is renewable annually for up to four years
The deadline for submission of applications on midnight April 1, 2017.
Link for More Information:
For more information about scholarship, you can call
Telephone: (907) 276-8038
Fax: (907) 276-8818