Al Golden Memorial Scholarship | Undergraduate Scholarship in Geology – Related Studies
The Al Golden Memorial Scholarship is now available. Applications will be accepted until 1 April 2017. This scholarship open to any undergraduate students majoring geology and other related field. This round, up to nine $2,000 will be granted to the Al Golden Memorial Scholarship’s winners.
The Al Golden Memorial Scholarship Fund, named after North Dakota oil pioneer and the first member of the NDPC’s Hall of Fame Al Golden, was established in 2008 to support students who are pursuing post-secondary education in geology, engineering, processing plant technology, science, technical skills or other careers related to the oil and gas industry. The scholarships are part of the oil and gas industry’s efforts to help solve growing workforce demands in North Dakota.
Each of the Al Golden Memorial Scholarship recipients will receive $1,000.00 for the fall semester and $1,000.00 for the spring semester.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate degree in geology, engineering, processing plant technology, science, technical skills or other careers related to the oil and gas industry.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
All applicants of this Al Golden Memorial Scholarship are required to satisfy the given criteria as follow:
- be undergraduates majoring in geology, earth science, geological engineering, petroleum engineering, energy economics and finance, process plant technology, energy management, petroleum production, mechanical maintenance, water and wastewater, and instrumentation and control at a North Dakota college/university, or have work/internship experience in the oil and gas industry;
- have a GPA of 3.0 or higher; and
- have completed at least 12 hours in geology, earth science, geological/petroleum engineering, chemistry, math, or safety.
- remain a full-time student for the fall semester of 2017 and the spring semester of 2018.
The U.S citizens may apply this scholarship.
The application packet must be consisting the materials as follow:
- college transcripts,
- a one-page essay on career plans in their chosen major,
- a letter of reference reflecting on the student’s general character, work eithic, etc. from a college professor, and
- full contact information (name, address, email, phone number)
Send applications to: NDPC – Al Golden Scholarship Fund, Attn: Brittany Jasper, PO Box 1395, Bismarck, ND 58502
Please contact Brittany Rud with any questions at email@example.com or 701.223.6380.
April 1, 2017.