Last updated on February 15th, 2018 at 09:38 am
The University of Addis Ababa isinviting applications from Ethopian undergraduates for for the Aklilu Lemma Scholarship Awards.
Scholarships for Ethiopians – Criteria for Selection:
- Cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.0 or higher; weighted 75% of total.
- 2nd year or higher in your level of Study.
- Strong confidential letter of recommendation by relevant department or faculty testifying to the applicant’s serious commitment to his/her studies, good conduct and other achievements including active participation in extra & co-curricular activities and community services; weighted 20% of total.
- Short personal statement essay, not exceeding one type written Page, to allow the applicant to emphasize any particular/outstanding aspect of his/her application; weighted 5% of total.
- 25 Meritorious students will be screened and selected by ALF Committees at different levels to be recipients of the Aklilu Lemma Scholarship Awards.
- ALF will strive to ensure participation of Female Students who fulfil the minimum CGPA requirement of 3.00.
Ethiopia Scholarship Awards
- Successful applicants will be awarded a certificate of merit, a monthly stipend of Eth. Birr 200.00 during the academic year, and some other educational support.
- The Scholarship Award is tenable for one year and is renewable until graduation, provided the awardee maintains the CGPA required for Renewal to be specified by faculty/school/institute committees at the time of selection.
- ALF does not provide scholarship for a student who is receiving scholarship/grant from another award scheme.
Ethiopia Scholarships – Renewal of Scholarship
ALF Scholarship Recipients who are not graduating at the end of the Academic Year and who wish to continue with their scholarships do not need to complete the application form, but they are required to Submit the following:
- Written Report about Benefits obtained.
- A formal written request applying for scholarship renewal.
- An Up-to-date confidential recommendation letter from the Department/Faculty on the special ALF recommendation letter form provided,
- A Copy of their Final Grade Reports or up-to-date transcripts.
Accepted Subject Areas
College of Natural Sciences (CNS)
- Faculty of Life Sciences •Biology
- Faculty of Physical & Chemical Sciences
- Faculty of Computer & Mathematical Sciences
College of Health Sciences (CHS)
- School of Veterinary Medicine
- School of Medicine
- School of Pharmacy
Addis Ababa Institute of Technology (AAIT)
College of Social Sciences & Humanities (CSS &H)
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- School of Social Work.
Ethiopia Scholarship Application Deadline; 31 July.
For more information and Ethiopia scholarship application,
- see: Aklilu Lemma Scholarship Awards Website – Scholarships for Ethiopians