SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
US citizens are invited to hurry and apply for the AIMS Grants Program for US Citizens 2018-19, eligible persons are invited to apply for this program
The AIMS Grants Program offers grants to U.S. scholars interested in conducting research on North Africa in any Maghrib country, specifically Algeria, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, or Tunisia. AIMS sponsors three Overseas Research Centers in the region in Oran, Tunis and Tangier and has other institutional affiliations that support AIMS scholars.
Field(s): grants are awarded for conducting research on North Africa
Scholarship covers: AIMS awards short-term grants for one to three months for up to $6,000. These awards may also be used in combination with grants from other sources for projects of longer duration. AIMS offer awards with a maximum of $15,000 for projects longer than three months. In accordance with an agreement with major funding agencies, applicants may not accept multiple grants concurrently for the same project. In the event a grantee declines an AIMS award to accept another grant, AIMS may provide a small allowance for supplementary research expenses. Some privately funded grants are exempt from this rule.
School(Institutions/ Country): | Maghrib country, specifically Algeria, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, or Tunisia
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): AIMS Grants Program is targeted for USA applicants .
Have what it takes to avail AIMS Grants Program?
- Graduate students currently enrolled in an M.A. or Ph.D. program, independent scholars, and faculty in all disciplines are eligible to apply.
- All applicants must be U.S. citizens at the time of application.
- Recipients of AIMS awards in either of the two previous funding cycles are ineligible to apply.
- Travel/research plans must be set and funds must be disbursed prior to May 2015. -Applicants must be members of AIMS at the time of application.
*These awards are made possible through grants from U.S. Department of State.*
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications should be arranged in the order above and emailed toAIMSFellowship-at-gmail.com.
Applications must include the following:
‣ Completed grant application cover sheet (PDF)
‣ Proposal or research design of no more than 1,500 words
‣ Proposed itinerary with approximate dates -Budget (from all sources)
‣ Vitae, including indication of language proficiency and institutional affiliation (View examples) -One page summary of the proposed research in either French or Arabic.
‣ -Letters of recommendation from two referees, including the candidate’s dissertation advisor, or in the case of applicants holding a Ph.D., the names of two persons who may be contacted for references. (Note: Referees are welcome to send their letters directly to [email protected]
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 31st January 2018.
- Applications should be arranged in the order above and emailed to[email protected]
‣ The deadline for applications is January 31ST, 2018. Applications submitted after this date will not be considered for funding.
The American Institute
for Maghrib Studies
845 N. Park Ave.
Marshall Bldg., Room 470
Tucson, AZ 85721-0158 USA
Phone: (520) 626-6498
Fax: (520) 621-9257[email protected]