Applications are invited for the Accounting Doctoral Scholars Program at the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) Foundation.
Applicants with the minimum three years of professional accounting experience or earned an undergraduate and/or master’s degree in accounting are eligible to apply for this accounting Ph.D. scholarship.
Know about Accounting Doctoral Scholars Program
The Accounting Doctoral Scholars Program was created by the biggest accounting firms, in conjunction with the AICPA Foundation, to advocate for an increased number of accounting professors with real-world experience in audit and tax.
It is our belief that professionals with recent public accounting experience can add significant value to the university experience by obtaining their doctorate degrees and transitioning into an academic faculty role.
As an accounting professor, you will go on to teach and research, mentor the next generation of students, and help to shape the future of our profession.
The accounting Ph.D. program provides financial assistance to individuals with recent public accounting experience in audit or tax to earn a doctorate in accounting with an emphasis in audit or tax. Through the scholarship, the AICPA Foundation will be awarded total $40,000 award.
The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) Foundation is the largest professional association for CPAs in the country. It has more than 418,000 members, and room for one more.
Founded in 1887, the AICPA represents the CPA profession nationally regarding rulemaking and standard-setting and serves as an advocate before legislative bodies, public interest groups and other professional organizations.
The AICPA Ph.D. scholarship is available for students who are pursuing a Ph.D./doctoral degree in the field of Accounting. You can access more Accounting scholarships through this link.
The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) Ph.D. scholarship will provide $40,000 award to the winning candidates.
The AICPA Ph.D. program is available for students from the USA. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The number of offers was not specified.
Eligibility for Scholarship
To be eligible, the applicant must meet all the following requirements:
- CPA required
- Have a minimum of three years of professional accounting experience. A portion of that experience is within the last three years at the time of enrollment
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident (green card holder)
- Earned an undergraduate and/or master’s degree in accounting
- A GMAT score of 650 or higher (must be less than 5 years old)
- Will apply to an ADS Participating University to pursue a Ph.D. in accounting with a concentration in audit or tax
- Candidates agree to teach and research, in audit or tax, at a U.S. AACSB accredited university upon graduation
To apply for the scholarship, the applicant can create an account go through the given link:
Click the following Link for More Information:
Applications for the Fellowships must be received by September 8th of every year.
We have other great scholarship opportunities that might be of help to your search
- Top 3O fully funded Ph.D. Scholarships to Apply For with 2020 Deadline
- study Ph.D. In Canada: Everything You Need To Know & Work/Study Options
- study In UK: Top 10 Universities to study Accounting and Finance in UK
- Top 50 Scholarships for Studying Finance and Accounting
- Top 10 Universities To Study Accounting in Asia
- 50 Great Scholarships for Studying Finance and Accounting
We hope this writing provided your scholarship necessities. Please share with your friends and leave your question or response on the comment box for us to serve you better.