Heart disease is a terminal ailment that research keeps trying to eliminate. If you are passionate about this cause and are a USA citizen residing in the state, you can use the AHA Postdoctoral Fellowship in 2020 to achieve this aim.
The American Heart Association (AHA) is pleased to announce the publication of “Uncovering New Patterns Scholarships”. Fellows must have an M.D., Ph.D., D.O. or Ph.D. equivalent and must meet the requirements of the institution to apply for the scholarship.
The purpose of this fellowship is to train a generation of post-docs in the scientific field of cardiovascular disease, stroke, and cloud computing. Fellows who do their best will receive a total of $ 150,000 over two years.
The American Heart Association (AHA) is a non-profit organization based in the United States that promotes appropriate cardiac care to reduce disability and death from cardiovascular disease and stroke.
Originally founded in New York in 1924 as an association for the prevention and treatment of heart disease, it is currently headquartered in Dallas, Texas. The American Heart Association is a national voluntary health organization.
They are known for publishing guidelines on cardiovascular disease and prevention, standards on basic life support and advanced cardiac life support (ACLS), and in 2014 issued its first guidelines for preventing strokes in women.
They are known also for operating a number of highly visible public service campaigns starting in the 1970s, and also operate a number of fundraising events. In 1994, the Chronicle of Philanthropy, an industry publication, released a study that showed the American Heart Association was ranked as the 5th “most popular charity/non-profit in America. The Association was listed as the 22nd largest charity by Forbes in 2018
All You Need To Know About The AHA Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2020
The AHA Fellowships 2020 is available for postdoctoral fellows conducting research in the scientific area of cardiovascular diseases and stroke and cloud computing. You can access more Volunteer service scholarships through this link.
- The Uncovering New Patterns Fellowship is funded at $75,000/year for a total award amount of $150,000 over two years.
- The Institute Executive Committee reserves the right to determine the final award amount for competitive projects based on need and potential impact.
The American Heart Association Grant is available for students from the USA. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The number of offers is not specified.
Eligibility for Scholarship
To be considered eligible for the Scholarship, all Scholarship applicants must be:
- Candidate Fellows must hold an M.D., Ph.D., D.O. or equivalent terminal doctoral degree, and must meet institutional requirements for grant submission.
- At the time of award activation, the candidate may have no more than five years of postdoctoral research training or experience (excluding clinical training).
- The fellow will be expected to devote at least 80 percent of full-time work either to research or to activities pursuant to independent research (instead of administrative, clinical, or teaching responsibilities).
If you are applying for the scholarship, candidates can download the scholarship application form through the link provided:
Applicants who are interested in applying for the fellowship can register by the given link: https://research.americanheart.org/ris/template.jsp?pid=ris.extlogin&_requestid=3666
Applicants must provide the following documents along with their application
- Fellow BioSketch (5-page limit) Use of the NIH biographical sketch is required for AHA programs. Use the NIH Fellowship Biographical Sketch Format. The fellow is to include his/her training and career goals in Section 1: Personal Statement. The AHA may request a transcript of the fellow’s academic record.
- Three Reference Letters to be uploaded by submission deadline – (1-2 pages each) Those asked to provide letters will be linked to the Referent Information Page. The referent will upload their reference letter through Grants-at-Heart.
The deadline for the AHA postdoctoral fellowship 2020 is August 24, 2020.
Click the following Link for addition Information:
We have other great scholarship opportunities that might be of help to your search
- Wild Gift Fellowship for Social Entrepreneurs
- Zonta International Amelia Earhart Fellowship
- 17 Scholarships for Equatorial Guinea Students to Study in USA
- 15+ Ongoing Local Scholarships in Kenya [Updated]
- 50+ Wentcher Scholarship Program
- IIASA Young Scientists Summer Program for Young Researchers.
- 21 Masters Scholarships for Statistics[Apply Now]
- 17 Scholarships For South African Students to Study In UK
We hope this writing provided your scholarship necessities. Please share with your friends and leave your question or response on the comment box for us to serve you better.
Earn up to $150,000 and upgrade in the study of cardiovascular diseases and stroke and cloud computing? Click to apply for AHA Postdoctoral Fellowship 2019