The Afya Bora Global Health Leadership Scholarship aims to fill the gap identified in the training of African and American health professionals. This innovative 12-month fellowship will prepare African and American health professionals to lead and manage important health programs in African countries.
The Afya Bora Global Health Leadership Scholarship will provide participants with a set of practical skills that will prepare them for leadership positions in governmental, non-governmental and academic health institutions in developing countries.
- Afya Bora Fellowship in Global Health Leadership
- About Afya Bora Consortium Fellowship
- Level/Field of Study
- Host Nationality
- Eligible Nationality
- Scholarship Worth of Afya Bora Fellowship in Global Health Leadership
- How to Apply for Afya Bora Fellowship in Global Health Leadership
- Application Deadline of Afya Bora Fellowship in Global Health Leadership
- Scholarship Link
- EDITOR’S RECOMMENDATION
- About Afya Bora Consortium Fellowship
Afya Bora Fellowship in Global Health Leadership
The 12-month training program has 2 components:
- A basic eight-week curriculum and four distance learning modules.
- Two 4.5-month internships supervised by a professor in universities, local governments or non-governmental health organizations in African partner countries
There will be approximately 25 fellowship opportunities available.
Many factors are considered, including leadership potential, job training, work experience, and investment potential after completion. In addition, we try to balance the group of apprentices including both nurses and doctors. The scholarship must be completed within the 12 month period and there is nothing to reinstate the program.
About Afya Bora Consortium Fellowship
The Afya Bora Consortium is an association of five African universities and four American universities created to provide future world health leaders with practical skills that are not currently part of traditional training in the health professions. There is an urgent need for training programs based in Africa that provide local health professionals with leadership skills, program management, and evaluation. Partnerships between African and American academic institutions are ideal for this training, as they foster the exchange of resources and create links between universities and governmental and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) that provide health services to communities.
Each participant will be assigned a principal mentor, who will help them develop an appropriate project site. In addition, each participant will have a mentoring committee that will include a mentor from the origin site, in addition to the main mentor. Scholars are responsible for their health insurance. If they are not covered by your government, institution or scholarship programs, you must purchase private insurance. General health insurance is not covered by African academics.
For the Afya Bora Fellowship in Global Health Leadership people with families are invited to apply. However, if the partner intends to take his family with him to his site, he is responsible for the associated costs (travel, insurance, lodging, etc.). You can maintain a part-time position with your current employer, but you must make sure you have enough time to fulfill your obligations to the Afya Bora Fellowship.
Level/Field of Study
Applicants in the medical field must have a Master’s degree (MBD) with a Master’s degree in a related field.
The Afya Bora Scholarship is funded by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) and the President’s AIDS Action Plan (PEPFAR) in the United States of America.
There are other USA Scholarships available for International students in 2020.
Aside from the Afya Bora Fellowship in Global Health Leadership, there are other scholarships available to international students to study abroad. You can check our Ongoing Scholarships to access all scholarships available.
Scholarship Worth of Afya Bora Fellowship in Global Health Leadership
The Afya Bora Scholarship will provide each African Scholar with:
- Airfare (home—orientation/in-person modules—attachment site—in-person modules—attachment site—in-person modules—home).
- Monthly stipends/allocation
- Accommodation and allowances if you attend modules and meetings in person outside the country of origin.
In order to apply, all candidates MUST meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of Botswana, Cameroon, Kenya, Tanzania or Uganda
- Comply with one of the following educational requirements:
- Applicants in the medical field must have a master’s or master’s degree (MBD) with a master’s degree or master’s degree in a related field.
- Candidates in Nursing must have a Master’s degree in Nursing, Public Health or a related field (preferred doctorate), or solid work experience.
- Other Public Health professionals (those who do not have a clinical degree) must have a doctorate in public health or a related field.
How to Apply for Afya Bora Fellowship in Global Health Leadership
All applications to the program must include a letter of recommendation from the Dean or Senior Academic Administrative Officer or Director/Supervisor of the applicants’ home institution.
The Afya Bora Fellowship in Global Health Leadership for 2020 is already open.
To request an application, send an email to email@example.com
Application Deadline of Afya Bora Fellowship in Global Health Leadership
- Applications opened in January 2020
- Application deadline: April 14, 2020.
- Interviews: May-July 2020.
- Some candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Notification of acceptance: July 2020.
- Candidates accepted and registered on the waiting list will be informed.
- New orientation for apprentices in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania: November 2020
- The new participants will meet for a three-day orientation. Immediately after the orientation, three modules of one week courses will be carried out in the same country.
Afya Bora Consortium
University of Washington
325 Ninth Avenue
Seattle, WA 98104-2499
+1 (206) 543-4278
Eligibility for winning our scholarship EBook
Get our Scholarship Ebook for free now, indicate interest in the comment section and the Ebook will be sent to you. This offer is for the first 50 people.
- Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) Accountancy Fellowship 2020
- $5,000 Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) Engineering Fellowship 2020
- Plymouth University Scholarships for International Students in UK, 2020
- Florence Congleton Scholarship Award UK 2020
- Surgery Online Global Scholarships at University of Edinburgh, 2020
- African MBA Scholarship at the University of Birmingham in UK 2020
- International Hardship Fund at King’s College London 2020
- Alex Ekwueme Commemorative Scholarship For Nigerians in UK 2020
- London Business School Sloan Women Scholarship 2020
- CBD Oiled Scholarship – Hemp For a Sustainable Future Scholarship 2020