SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
Applications are been accepted for the “ASCL Visiting Fellowship” for African students for pursuing research in Netherlands for the for the period January-February-March 2018. The fellowship is available for the students of Africa and eligibility criteria is of the essence.The purpose of the fellowship is to enable and encourage academically able students from Africa.
The African Studies Centre Leiden is the only multidisciplinary academic knowledge institute in the Netherlands devoted entirely to the study of Africa. It has an extensive library that is open to the general public. The ASCL is an interfaculty institute of Leiden University.
Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue research.
Study Subject: The fellowship is awarded in the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: The fellowship will cover the following:
- A return ticket (economy class).
- A daily stipend to cover living expenses.
- Accommodation in Leiden: a fellow is provided with his/her own bed/sitting room (suitable for one person only). Kitchen and bathroom are to be shared with a maximum of two other fellows (male/female). If the offered accommodation is unacceptable for the fellow he/she is requested to look for alternative accommodation him/herself. Alternative accommodation will not be paid for by the fellowship.
- A medical/liability insurance (please note that this insurance does not cover the cost of treatment of a pre-existing medical condition).
- The use of (shared) office facilities and of library facilities.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in Netherlands
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
- At the time of applying, the applicant must hold a PhD with a focus on Africa.
- The applicant has to be fluent in English and/or French.
- The applicant must have an active academic career.
- The applicant must have recently published books and/or articles that meet international standards (at least three published articles in the past five years).
- The research fellowship must contribute to interfaculty collaboration at Leiden University.
- Preference is given to candidates employed by an African research institute with which Leiden University already has a MoU or aspires to have an MoU in the framework of the Leiden African Studies Assembly.
- In accordance with visa regulations, applicants must be able to return to their country of origin after their fellowship.
Nationality: African applicants are eligible for the fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be PhD.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must be fluent in English.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email.
- Applicants can apply by completing the application form and returning it, with the requested attachments, to: LeidenASA-at- asc.leidenuniv.nl
Application Deadline: The application deadline is July 1, 2017.