International Women’s Media Foundation (IWMF) is pleased to offer African Great Lakes Reporting Fellowship to the women journalists. This fellowship is available to the international women journalists for the academic year 2017-2018.
The aim of this fellowship to help women in the media develops practical solutions to the obstacles they face in their careers and lives.
The International Women’s Media Foundation (IWMF), located in Washington, D.C., is an organization working internationally to elevate the status of women in the media. The IWMF has created programs to help women in the media develop practical solutions to the obstacles they face in their careers and lives. The IWMF advocates for press freedom internationally and often forms petitions asking international governments to release journalists in captivity and offer protection to journalists in danger.
Course Level: The fellowship is available to the women journalists.
Study Subject: The fellowship is awarded in the field of Reporting.
Scholarship Award: The fellowship will cover the following:
- The IWMF arranges travel and in-country logistics for all Fellows within the scope of the Fellowship base location and trip dates. The IWMF also covers Fellowship-related costs within the framework of the reporting trip including travel, lodging, meals, and fixers/interpreters, unless a selected journalist’s news organization wishes to assume these costs. Visa costs will also be covered.
Number of scholarship: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in the Tanzania
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for fellowship:
- Affiliated or freelance women journalists with three (3) or more years of professional experience working full-time in news media. Please note that internships do not count toward professional experience.
- Women journalists of all nationalities are welcome to apply.
- Non-native English speakers must be proficient in English in order to fully participate in and benefit from the program.
- Applicants must be able to show proof of interest from an editor or have a proven track record of publication in prominent media outlets (a letter from an editor is strongly preferred).
- Fellows living outside the U.S. are responsible for procuring all necessary visas, for which they will be reimbursed at the conclusion of the fellowship.
Nationality: Women journalists of all nationalities can apply for the fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be women journalists with three (3) or more years of professional experience working full-time in news media.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must be proficient in English in order to fully participate in and benefit from the program.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 19, 2017.