Applications are currently been accepted for the African Graduate Fellowship at American University in Cairo, Egypt 2018-2019, hurry now and apply for this program.
The African Graduate Fellowship is a competitive fellowship program for bright, highly motivated African students interested in pursuing a master’s degree at AUC. Each year, fellowships are offered to nationals of African countries (not including Egyptians) for full-time study (nine credits or more) in any of the graduate programs offered at AUC.
Level: graduate (master) degree
Field(s): any courses available
Scholarship covers: Total offer is of:
- Waiver of tuition fees
- Monthly stipend
- Student services and activities fee
- Medical service and health insurance fees
- A monthly housing allowance for non-residents of Cairo or accommodation in University Residences at AUC New Cairo –In support of their professional training, fellows are assigned 12 hours per week of related academic or administrative work.
School(Institutions/ Country): at the American University in Cairo | Egypt
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): African Graduate Fellowship is targeted for students of Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia,South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia andZimbabwe can apply for these scholarships.
Have what it takes to avail African Graduate Fellowship ?
‣ Non-Egyptian African nationals
‣ Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree with a minimum overall rating of very good, an overall grade point average of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale, or the equivalent
‣ Satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements, including submission of AUC graduate application, additional documents and any required test scores (GMAT for MBA applicants, GRE for economics, economics in international development, and journalism and mass communication applicants)
‣ Submit an International TOEFL iBT exam score or an IELTS exam score meeting the cut-off scores for AUC graduate admissions.
‣ Selection is made in April. Fellowships begin the following September.
Scholarship Application Method
- Step 1: Check how to apply and submit the online application
- Step 2: Submit the online fellowship application
Applications and all supporting documents should be submitted by February 1 for the Fall semester
For inquiries, email [email protected].
Selection is made in April, fellowships begin the following September.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.