The African Center of Excellence in Energy for Sustainable Development (ACE-ESD), 2017 PhD Positions University Of Rwanda.
The African Center of Excellence in Energy for Sustainable Development (ACE-ESD) invites highly motivated research-oriented students to submit applications for PhD positions in the field of renewable energy.
The ACE II project is a partnership between the World Bank and the Rwandan Government to strengthen selected institutions of higher education in the country to deliver quality post-graduate education and build collaborative research capacity in the Eastern and Southern Africa sub-region, and Africa as a whole.
The African Center of Excellence in Energy for Sustainable Development (ACE-ESD) is an approved ACE II project center of excellence envisioned to address key economic challenges resulting from low rural energy access, poor adoption of energy technologies in rural areas, and poor inter-state energy trading in the Eastern and Southern Africa region.
Course Level: Positions are available for pursuing PhD programme at the African Center of Excellence in Energy for Sustainable Development (ACEESD).
Study Subject: Positions are awarded in the field of renewable energy.
- Full scholarship: living expenses, tuition fees, and return air ticket
- Partial scholarship: tuition fees and return air ticket
Scholarship can be taken in Rwanda
Eligibility: Applicants must have a Master of Science (or equivalent) degree in field related to energy, electrical engineering, mechanical, electrical and electronics engineering, physics and material sciences, energy economics, economics and policy, energy economics and finance or economics and regulations. The applicant must demonstrate the ability to think and work independently and in a team environment.
Nationality: Scholarship opportunities are available on a competitive basis for eligible candidates from Eastern and Southern Africa Region (Rwanda, Kenya, Malawi, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Burundi, Mozambique, Uganda, and Zambia) include others African Countries.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a Master of Science (or equivalent) degree.
How to Apply: Applications should be submitted in Word or PDF format via email. Required documentation for application:
- A cover letter indicating for which program of study the application is being made and description of the motivation to join the program
- A detailed curriculum vitae (CV)
- Notarized Master’s and Bachelor’s degrees and transcripts
- Recommendation letters from at least two academic referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant.
- Support letter from employer (if any).
- Copies of valid identification card and/or passport.
- Sponsorship letter from an organization (if any).
- Applicants from countries where English is not the medium of instruction must provide an English proficiency certificate from a relevant body or institution in their respective countries.
- Summary Research Proposal (Concept Note) relevant to the PhD degree sought. The concept note should state the research problem, the purpose and objectives of the research, the methodology, the expected outcome and its expected impact in the area of study.
- Master’s Thesis abstract
Application Deadline: The application deadline is July 31, 2017.