The Blavatnik School of Government at the University of Oxford is inviting applicants for the Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Fellowship. Fellowships are open to Nigeria or Ghana who wish to spend time for up to six months at the Blavatnik School between September 2019 and June 2020.
The AIG Fellowship is awarded each year to an individual from West Africa who has demonstrated distinguished public service.
The Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) works with governments, academic institutions, and other partners to improve governance and transform public sector performance. The Blavatnik School’s mission is to improve government and public policy around the world.
Level/ Field of Study:
This is a 6 months long fellowship programme meant for AIG Fellows undertake a period of study, reflection and engagement of up to 6 months with scholars and students at the Blavatnik School of Government.
The Scholarship is hosted in the UK. If you are an international student and you desire to study in the UK, Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in UK
The number of opening for the scholarship is not specified.
The scholarship is opened to Ghanaian and Nigerian Students. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The Fellowship will be awarded by the Blavatnik School of Government AIG Fellowship Panel, a specially-convened group made up of senior academics and policy advisors.
The successful candidate will be responsible for making their visa and travel arrangements to the UK. Accommodation, visa costs, and standard class return flights are covered by the AIG Fellowship funding, as well as reimbursement of reasonable living expenses in line with university guidelines and visa regulations. Funding for family members is not included.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- The Fellowship will be awarded to an individual from who has made an outstanding contribution to the development and implementation of a policy that has yielded a meaningful impact on the public good.
- Candidates must demonstrate the commitment to public service in their country, region and globally.
- We are seeking applications from Fellows who wish to spend time for up to six months at the Blavatnik School between September 2019 and June 2020.
- Have Ghanaian or Nigerian nationality
Please send your application to [email protected] titled “AIG Fellowship” by 12 noon (UK Time) on Monday 10 April 2019. Your application should include:
- A curriculum vitae (CV) or resume;
- Written attestations from two referees to support your application; and
- A covering letter setting out how you meet the criteria, your proposed area of study and reflection, how you would propose to engage in that area at the Blavatnik School, and indicative dates for your visit if successful.
You can commence the application and get more information by clicking on the official website
The Application Deadline for the Fellowship application is April 10, 2019.
We also recommend other scholarship opportunities.
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- APPLICATION LINK
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- SCHOLARSHIP WORTH
looking for a fellowship opportunity in UK? Check out this Africa Initiative for Governance Fellowships for African Students in UK, 2019 and be rewarded.