AFCEA War Veterans Scholarships
The AFCEA Educational Foundation is providing an academic support to U.S. military personnel through its“War Veterans Scholarship”. Sophomores or juniors who are currently enrolled and attending a four-year accredited college or university at the time of application are eligible for the scholarship.Scholarship intended to providing educational incentives, opportunities, and assistance for people engaged in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) disciplines.The winners of the scholarship will get a cash prize of $2,500.
AFCEA is a member-based, non-profit association for professionals that provides highly sought after thought leadership, engagement and networking opportunities. Its mission as a not-for-profit member-based association is to provide training, collaboration and networking opportunities to military, government and industry professional’s at the most affordable rates possible.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- U.S. citizen who are currently enrolled or attending a four-year accredited college or university in the United States as a sophomores or juniors at the time of application. Freshman and senior level students are ineligible to apply. You cannot apply the year you are graduating.
- Enrolled part-time or full-time in an eligible undergraduate degree program.
- An overall 3.0 GPA is required.
- Distance-learning or online programs affiliated with a major U.S. institution are eligible.
- Candidates must be majoring in the following or C4I-related fields related to the mission of AFCEA: Biometry/Biometrics, Computer Engineering, Computer Forensics Science, Computer Programming, Computer Science, Computer Systems, Cybersecurity, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Geospatial Science, Information Science, Information Technology, Information Resource Management, Intelligence, Mathematics, Network Engineering, Network Security, Operations, Research, Physics, Robotics Engineering, Robotics Technology, Statistics, Strategic Intelligence, and Telecommunications Engineering
- Served in Afghanistan and/or Iraq War (from 2003 to present) – provide DD214 or Certificate of Service. Paperwork must verify service in Afghanistan and Iraq. Remove SSN.
How to Apply:
You can go through the given link to be applying for the AFCEA War Veterans Scholarships Program. The link is:
- Names and email addresses for at least two letters of recommendation:
- At least one letter should be from a faculty member in your chosen major having personal knowledge of your degree program, achievements, and potential.
- One letter can be from your current employer or relevant current public service agency.
- Transcripts showing all college-level study and courses currently in progress
- All candidates must provide a copy of the current certificate of service, or discharge form DD214 must be provided and shows service in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Transcripts must be issued by the Registrar’s office (transcript would also be mailed to this address if it cannot be sent electronically) to edfoundation-at-afcea.org.
All materials, including transcript, must be addressed to the following address:
AFCEA Educational Foundation
4400 Fair Lakes Court
Fairfax, VA 22033-3899
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The AFCEA Educational Foundation will be provided merit-based scholarships of $2,500 to the winning candidate.
The deadline for all materials to be submitted is April 15, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question regarding the scholarship, you can email at edfoundation-at-afcea.org