Applications are invited at the African Economic Research Consortium (AERC) for a masters and PhD Bridge Programme fellowships to pursue full-time, on-campus master and PhD studies in Africa. These fellowships are available on the basis of competition to conduct the study in the field of Economics.
The aim of the scholarships is to address the limited competitiveness of potential students from under-represented countries and groups (among them, women, post-conflict and fragile states) for admission and performance in the AERC training programmes.
The African Economic Research Consortium (AERC), established in 1988, is a public not-for-profit organization devoted to the advancement of economic policy research and training in Africa
Course Level: These scholarships are available to pursue masters and PhD programme.
Study Subject: These scholarships are awarded in the field of Economics.
Scholarship Award: These scholarships to offer Masters and PhD Bridge Programme Fellowships to applicants from the following under-represented countries and groups.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Nationality: Applicants of Eritrea , Burundi ,Angola, Lesotho, Burkina Faso , Guinea Bissau, Liberia , Central African Republic ,Mozambique, Sierra Leone ,Chad, Somalia , Congo, South Sudan ,Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC),Swaziland , Guinea, The Gambia 8 Madagascar and Mali can apply for these scholarships.
Scholarship can be taken in Africa
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
- Applicants for the Masters bridge programme fellowships must have attained at least a second class honours (upper division) Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness Management and Agricultural Sciences or related field;
- In addition to at least an upper second class (or equivalent) first degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics or related field, applicants for the PhD bridge programme fellowships must have a Master’s degree in Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics or related fields (with compulsory course work coverage of Microeconomics, Macroeconomics and Econometrics/Quantitative Methods, and a research project/thesis component) from a recognized institution;
- Applicants of either Masters or PhD bridge programme fellowships must be citizens of any of the under-represented countries listed in the table above;
- Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have an upper second class (or equivalent) first degree.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must meet the necessary language proficiency requirements of the host institution.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email.
- Application cover letter specifying which fellowship (Masters or PhD Bridge Programme you are applying for;
- Certified copies of transcripts and certificates;
- At least two original letters of recommendation from senior university academics who previously taught the applicant; and
- Curriculum Vitae;
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 12, 2017.