Acumen Fellowship 2020
Nominations for the Acumen Fellowship Program 2020 are now open. The Social Changemakers fellowship is an intensive leadership development program designed to provide a pipeline for tomorrow’s social change actors.
The Acumen Fellows program aims to create a community of leaders who challenge the status quo, overcome differences, and inspire their communities to believe in a brighter future.
Over the course of a year, the members stay in the workplace, participate in five intensive, multi-day classroom seminars and use online content between the seminars. The program design focuses on group learning, self-reflection, and practical application. Fellows receive training, hands-on tools, and space to explore their own leadership paths as they communicate with local and global community innovators in Acumen.
The scholarship program is currently offered in Colombia, East Africa, West Africa, India, and Pakistan. The program is aimed at people who are currently leading or part of an initiative to eradicate poverty.
Clever people see opportunities where others see desperation. They are individuals with the entrepreneurial spirit and a passion to drive change in their communities. Does it look like you?
Find your region below.
- Colombia: This is a historic moment in Colombia to develop a new narrative of conflicts. The Columbia Fellows program brings together a number of emerging leaders who bring about change through bottom-up approaches and restore the country’s social fabric.
- East Africa: The East Africa Fellowship Program brings together the best and brightest entrepreneurs, innovators and emerging actors in the region’s transformation. Their candidates represent a variety of cultural, geographical and socio-economic contexts from Uganda to Ethiopia.
- India: Every year, the India Fellows Program brings together dynamic people who are committed to making significant changes in their country. Applicants come from almost every area and have demonstrated their ability to influence their sector.
Pakistan: The Pakistan Fellows Program provides founders, entrepreneurs, intrapreneurs, policymakers, innovators and movement builders with the education and support they need to solve Pakistan’s most serious problems and challenge the status quo.
- West Africa: West Africa has some of the fastest growing economies in the world, but it needs a different kind of leadership to ensure everyone benefits from the fruits of that growth. It requires leaders who are based on integrity and relentlessly seeking fairness and justice. The West Africa Fellows program brings together entrepreneurs, intrapreneurs, and builders from public and private sector organizations who demonstrate leadership and commitment to do more.
Seminars usually take place in or in big cities. In the past they took place:
Program for East Africa: Nairobi, Kampala, Kigali, and Daressalam
India program: Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad, and Mysore
Pakistani program: Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Murree, Peshawar, and Bahawalpur
For 2020, individuals will be notified of the exact dates of the seminars if they are selected as Fellows in early 2020.
Insights are invested not only in the growth of each fellow during the program but also in their development as actors in the fight against poverty throughout their lives. After the first year, scholarship holders can benefit from ongoing mentoring and mentoring.
Acumen also has a very active and growing network of social sector organizations, thought leaders and members around the world. We involve all Acumen members in events, newsletters, and subsequent recruitment processes.
More About the Acumen Fellowship 2020
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. get the E-book for free by dropping your thought on the article in the comment box.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched scholarships you can utilize in 2020
- 2020 Fully Funded Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2020
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries2020
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2020
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2020
Acumen Fellowship 2020 is being hosted in Fellow’s Home country.
If you are an international student and you desire to study in the UK, Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in the UK
Social Changemakers fellowship 2020 is available for Colombia, East Africa, West Africa, India, and Pakistan citizens.
Searched members are:
Social entrepreneurs, social intrapreneurs and organizers.
Social Entrepreneurs: Initiated or led their own initiatives on social change.
Social Intrapreneurs: Conduct an initiative for social change within an existing organization.
Organizational builders: They are an essential part of building an organization for social change, but they do not play a fundamental role.
People with a proven track record, commitment and concrete connections to the region.
Leaders with great personal integrity, unyielding perseverance, and moral imagination.
Dedicated people are ready to embark on a year of personal transformation and intense leadership, followed by membership in the wider Fellowship community.
People of all ages and levels of education who can participate in an English-language program.
On average, they select 20 members per year in each region.
Aside from the Social Changemakers fellowship 2020, there are other scholarships available to international students to study abroad. You can check our scholarship by country to access all scholarships available.
Acumen Fellowship Program Worth
- Acumen covers all-program related expenses during the fellowship year. This includes all costs associated with the seminars including lodging, food, transportation & visas.
- Their Fellows Program centers around five in-person seminars design to improve individuals’ capacity to innovate and drive change while remaining in their full-time jobs.
- Fellows receive training, practical tools, and the space to explore their own leadership journeys while connecting with innovators across Acumen’s local and global communities.
- Their unique virtual content enables Fellows to connect with peers and continue developing the skills to make a lasting social impact between seminars.
- They provide the space and security for Fellows to practice self-reflection, broaden their perspectives and identify areas for personal development.
- They design content that is focused on being relevant and applicable to Fellows’ everyday lives and social impact work.
- Building a pipeline of leaders who understand what it takes to create lasting social change.
- Developing leaders who challenge the status quo and inspire their communities to build a better future
Eligibility for Acumen Fellowship 2020
- The Fellowship Program 2020 is currently offered in Colombia, East Africa, West Africa, India, and Pakistan.
- Scholarship holders are from all age groups, come from different cultural, geographical and socio-economic backgrounds and work in different sectors.
How to Apply for Social Changemakers fellowship 2020
The Acumen Fellowship Program selection process comprises a total of three steps.
STEP 1: APPLICATIONS. Sunday, September 9 at 23:59 local time. All requests must be completed and submitted online. After the first submission, successful candidates will be invited to participate in the second stage.
STEP 2: ONLINE COMMITMENT (FOR PK / IN / EA / WA). Instructions for Phase 2 will be sent on Tuesday, September 25th. All tasks must be completed by Wednesday, October 10 and submitted online. Successful applicants will be invited to participate in Phase 3.
STEP 3: TELEPHONE INTERVIEWS (FOR CO). These will take place at the end of September. The Acumen team will contact all applicants to set a mutually beneficial time for the interview. Successful applicants will be invited to participate in the third stage.
STEP 4: SELECTION CONFERENCE. Stage 3 is a mandatory personal session day and will be held in each region in mid-November.
FINAL SELECTION: Candidates selected in the 2020 cohorts will be notified by December 2018.
Your selection team will carefully review the submissions and attendance at each stage of the process and select candidates for the next step. At each stage of the application process, all applicants will receive from their team communication on the progress of their application.
Select your region below to start your application:
EASTER AFRICA →
WEST AFRICA →
Apply online through the given link.
For more information, visit the Acumen Fellowship website.
Social Changemakers fellowship 2020 Application Deadline
Acumen Fellowship Program 2020 Application deadline has closed.
- €15,000 up for Grab: Pitch AgriHack West Africa 2020
- British Council’s Creative Hubs Programme for creative hubs in West Africa 2020
- Fully Funded YALI West Africa Regional Programme 2020, Accra Ghana – Cohort 8/ 5 Online
- Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program At University of Abomey-Calavi
- US PIRG Fellowship 2020 | APPLY NOW
- French Committee for International Solidarity Grants Program for West Africa 2020
- UN Fellowship 2020 for Africans in Diaspora – Switzerland
- L’Oreal UNESCO Fellowship for African Women in Science 2020
- $ 2,000 Bitch Media fellowship 2020 | USA