The new Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships in South Africa is available on offer to citizens of a Commonwealth country other than South Africa and must not be currently resident in South Africa.
The Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) is an international programme under which Commonwealth countries offer scholarships and fellowships to citizens of other member states.
The Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) is the world’s first and oldest international university network, established in 1913.
The CSFP was established by Commonwealth education ministers at their first conference in 1959. Since then, Commonwealth Scholarships have become one of the most prestigious and best-known international scholarship schemes. Over 35,000 individuals have benefited.
Level/Field of study:
Scholarships are available to pursue Master degree programme in only tenable in the subjects listed for each university. Please see this document for a list of applicable subjects.
The South Africa Scholarships are tenable at:
- North-West University
- Rhodes University
- Stellenbosch University
- University of Cape Town
- University of Johannesburg
- University of KwaZulu-Natal
- University of Pretoria
- University of South Africa
If you are an international student and you desire to study in South Africa. Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in South Africa
Scholarship is available to citizens of a Commonwealth country other than South Africa and must not be currently resident in South Africa. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
These opportunities have value that includes
- Four scholarships are available, starting in January/February
- The scholarships provide full tuition fees, a return economy flight, an arrival allowance and a regular stipend (living allowance)
- The scholarships are for Master’s study only and are not applicable to distance learning courses
- The scholarships are for new students only and cannot be used to fund a course you have already started
- No additional funding will be provided for applicants with families
- Scholarships are for a maximum of two years
The Scholarship has Four openings available, starting in January/February.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Applicants must be a citizen of a Commonwealth country other than South Africa and must not be currently resident in South Africa
- Applicants must hold an Honours degree or a four-year degree, equivalent to NQF 8 on the South African National Qualifications Framework, and with an average mark of at least 70%, and meet the minimum entry criteria of the proposed course of study
- Applicants must not be a current DHET-supported scholarship recipient
- Applicants must have applied for the identified study programme at the chosen university in South Africa on a full-time basis
- Applicants’ academic background should be aligned to the proposed field of study
- Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
First, you must apply for your chosen course directly with the university. Applicants are advised to arrange for their qualifications to be validated by the South African Qualifications Authority before applying to a university.
Separately, download this scholarship application form, and complete it in as much detail as possible.
As well as the application form, applicants must submit the following:
- A 500-word research proposal summary, containing:
- Scientific elements of the proposal: research rationale, problem identification, aims and objectives of research, theoretical framework and research methodology
- Social relevance of proposed study
- High school certificates
- Undergraduate transcripts and graduation certificate
- At least one academic reference
- Scan of passport or national ID card
- Proof of English language ability if English is not your first language
- Proof that you have applied for the relevant course at your university of choice
Please submit all the required documents above by email to [email protected]
You can begin the application and get more details by clicking the Scholarship Link
The Deadline for the scholarship is July 13th
We recommend other scholarship opportunities.
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- APPLICATION LINK
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- SCHOLARSHIP WORTH
Looking for scholarship in South Africa? Check out ACU Fully Funded Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships in South Africa for citizens of Commonwealth nations. Take advantage of this rare opportunity. The scholarship is worth a lot.