Entries are currently been submitted for the Action for Equity Grants Award for South African Civic Organizations 2018, applicants are encouraged to ensure that they have complied with the criteria to avoid disqualification
About Action for Equity Award
The Action for Equity Award is an exciting new prize which aims to recognise and reward the crucial work being advanced by civic organisations to combat inequalities around the world.
The Action for Equity Award also aims to extend the reach and impact of the Atlantic Fellows programme for Social and Economic Equity, which supports dynamic emerging leaders from academia and the third sector, campaign or policy-making organisations to explore the causes of inequalities.
- The prize will celebrate the excellent work which has been achieved by smaller teams and will provide £50,000 (or roughly 800,000 SAR) toward the winning organisation’s ongoing activities. Moreover, award winners will contribute to the Atlantic Fellows programme at LSE.
To be Taken in:
- address the causes of inequality. Elements of the organisation may seek to address the consequences of inequality, or other issues, though the focus should be on addressing the causes.
- deal with issues related to labour, employment, or associated issues.
- have an annual operational budget of between £100k and £1m.
- are based within Southern Africa (the majority of your activities should benefit people in Southern Africa).
31 March 2018 – Applications close
late April 2018 – The shortlist will be produced and a winner selected
14 June 2018 – Award will be presented at the III Annual Conference 2018
How to apply:
- Applications are now open for 2018.
- Action for Equity Awards for are inviting applications from organisations based in South Africa.
- Applications have to be submitted online, by following the link below. Before applying, please check the eligibility criteria noted below.
- Please note that all applicants must submit a reference from an independent organisation or individual. This can be from a third sector organisation, think tank, charity, business, policy maker, or campaign group that work closely with the applicant organisation.
31st March 2018
For More Information: